TalkTalk help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TalkTalk help please

In the most direct way, please could someone tell me how to access emails on TalkTalk.

On the IE address bar I presume I enter: 'mytalktalk.net' to get to the account page, then ...

"My Account" section, under which you can enter an "Email" address and "Password".

Does the email address need to be the full address, i.e. include the @talktalk.net part?

Then click the <Sign in> button.

Once signed in what can I expect to see please?

I would like to be able to go direct to the email inbox. How can I do this?

I have no access to TalkTalk myself and will need to explain the instructions in very basic terms to someone else, who has just got TalkTalk and who I might add, is struggling a lot.

TalkTalk Members - Help

as supplied by the talktalk forum hope it helps

Comment

I might add if you have the disc you can add my account Talktalk to your toolbar
      Uh oh - it looks like the page you were looking for isn’t available. Not to worry though, we'll get you back on track.

Comment

Hi Val, Many thanks but the problem is even more basic than the help information. The person I'm trying to help, already has an email address, she just needs to know how to access her emails, via her TalkTalk page. I'm sure it's really simple but I don't have access to TalkTalk so can't help.

Comment

Got that Val, What comes after? anything? Or are your straight into you email inbox?

Comment

if she downloads the toolbar on that page she can set it up by using her talktalk email and password in the box
            Last edited by Guest; 05-08-09, 15:00.

Comment

AOL TalkTalk Toolbar

Comment

Thanks Val, I'll give it a go with her tomorrow. Hopefully the download tool-bar is really straight forward as anything untoward and we are talking a mega mountain out of a tiny mole hill ... LOL !!! :D

Comment

its really easy ,even I can do it ,and then she can access her mail easily

Comment

John,

I had problems trying to use talktalk webmail. I typed talktalk webmail into google and then when I entered my user name I was told it was too long. I now wonder if we leave off the @talktalk. When I asked the help line they told me it was better to use Email Hosting Services | Pick Up Your Email | mail2web.com

I always preview all my mail using this anyway so that I can delete any spam. It is a Free sevice and it has just been updated. You register and add all your email addresses then where ever you are in the world you can just click the box, select the email address and it's 'Bingo'.

I have my Gmail directed into Talktalk as well so I only need to click it once. I may come back and update this in a moment.

Not like you to need help so I am so pleased to be able to return some ideas that I hope will help you.
                    Last edited by Margaret N; 05-08-09, 21:29.
                    Margaret N
                    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Val,
                      If I log into my account do you know if I will still receive a Paper Account. My husband (John) never ever goes near a PC and he always wants to see the account even though I pay it.
                      I would also like to use the Members Forum but I am sure I read somewhere in the small print if I log in I will only be able to have an e-bill. I did ask them about this but the music was so over powering I could not hear what they were saying.
                      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thanks Margaret, I am trying to help someone who has just got talktalk but is not sure what to do. As I don't have talktalk and have never had it, it is difficult to talk her through any screens, especially as I don't have an account so can't see what the screens look like myself.

The person I'm helping has been told by talktalk that she needs to look at her emails for account or bill information, etc. If this wasn't the case then I would have just set her up with a Gmail account/email.

Comment

John,
                          That is correct she will have to log into her Talktalk Account if she wants to monitor it. If she has the talktalk screen in front of her she should be able to see 'My Account' and she will need to register.
                          Why does'nt she send customer services an email and ask them if they email her account to her then she could use Gmail. The talktalk address only goes with Windows Mail so I don't see that it is compulsory to use it.
                          I cannot test it for her as I have the set up on my PC but I think that she may not need the @talktalk.net when I added that I was told that it was too long.
                          Why don't you pull up the Talktalk home screen and take a look at it. I will try and test the webmail for you in the morning (23.40pm now) at a friends and see what happens.
                          Good night for now.
                          Last edited by Margaret N; 05-08-09, 22:41.
                          Margaret N

Comment

Margaret I still get paper bills ?? I think you can opt to se your bill online and no paper one for about a £1 less

Comment

Well, today's the day that hopefully we can get everything sorted out. :D

Comment

hope so John do let me know

Comment

Step 1 - Email all sorted now, phew !! Thanks Val, thanks Margaret. :D:D

Not heard of any further problems so I'm taking it as no news is good news. :D

Comment

did you download the toolbar ? John

Comment

John,
                                      'Congratulations', I knew it would be easy for you. Did your friend have to fill in the long form under the members tab and was it the full user name (joe@TT) or was it the same as GM just the user name? Every site is different rather like the viewers for every TV station their are so many different ones to download.
                                      I still cannot log into the webmail on TT as I think I need to register and I am not a lover of AOL. It seems that Webmail is handled via AOL so will press on with Mail2Web.
                                      I am just going to post a thread about Mail2Web.
                                      Margaret N

Comment

Working...
                                      X