Horsfall from Yorkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horsfall from Yorkshire

I'm looking for the birth of an elusive ancestor - Thomas Wright Horsfall.
    I found him on the 1891 census with his wife Mary Prescilla Horsfall living in Windhill Yorkshire.
    Thomas age given as 31 years estimated year of birth 1860 born in Scarborough.
    I found his marriage to Mary Priscilla Robinson Q1 1884 in Bradford and I have sent off for this marriage record. I've been unable to identify Thomas on any other Consus return.
    Thomas died 1896
    At this moment I do not know Thomas Wright Horsfall's parents names.
    I would like to find his birth record. Can anybody help ?
    Thank you
    Tom

Don't know where Bedale is, but it seems the most likely.

Thomas Horsfall
    Year of Registration: 1860
    Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
    District: Bedale
    County: Yorkshire - North Riding
    Volume: 9d
    Page: 444

Wright seems to not figure in the birth record.

Comment

The public "Mary Robinson Extended Family Tree" at Ancestry lists his parents as James Horsfall and Elizabeth M Stansfield.

Comment

Well done hughar, lots of good info here. Thanks a lot for that

Thank you also lorraine, I'll follow that one up

Tom

Comment

Bluedoo, is that Windhill near Idle/Calverley in the West Riding? If so this is a brilliant site

A repository of genealogical and historical data concerning the villages of Calverley Parish in Yorkshire

Loads of parish records etc
          Last edited by Darksecretz; 05-08-09, 20:06. Reason: getting hyperlink to work

Comment

Thank you Lindsay I'll have a look at that

Tom

Comment

Found these baptisms on the Calverley website (most people from Windhill appear in the Idle parish records):
              1869 07 25 Hannah Maria HORSFALL father John, occ Joiner mother Ann Windhill
              1869 07 25 Sarah Jane HORSFALL father John occ Joiner mother Ann Windhill

Could they be relations?

Also, many people in that area were nonconformists so it's a good idea to check that out too.
              Last edited by Lindsay; 05-08-09, 18:57.

Comment

Thomas Horsfall

Originally posted by bluedooo View Post
                I found him on the 1891 census with his wife Mary Prescilla Horsfall living in Windhill Yorkshire.
                I found his marriage to Mary Priscilla Robinson Q1 1884 in Bradford and I have sent off for this marriage record. I've been unable to identify Thomas on any other Consus return.
                Thomas died 1896
                Thank you
                Tom
                Can you see my ancestry tree for this person. He was married to Mary Priscilla Robinson, my great grandfather's sister.

Comment

Horsfall

Originally posted by hughar View Post
                  The public "Mary Robinson Extended Family Tree" at Ancestry lists his parents as James Horsfall and Elizabeth M Stansfield.
                  I have adjusted my tree on Thomas Horsfall with some notes. Take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by bluedooo View Post
                    Thomas died 1896
                    Thank you
                    Tom
                    He was married to Mary Priscilla Robinson in 1884, one of my great grandfathers relatives. I am also trying to determine his lines.

Comment

Beach

I notice that Tom hasnt been onsite for quite a while, it might be better to PM (Private Message) him, if you look at his username on the left hand side and click on it you will get a drop down box which gives you the option to send him a Private Message.
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                      X