No announcement yet.

Epson File Manger Can I turn it off ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epson File Manger Can I turn it off ??

I have this new Printer but I dont want to use the File manager bit that comes up each time I scan a photo as its awkward to use plus I am doubling up each time I rename them ???
    I just want them to go directly to my Photos on the Laptop can it be turned off and would this automatically make them go to my PC

Hi Val, I am not sure what you mean by 'file manager' on your Epson. Having said that when I purchased this HP about three years ago I had a screen that was so invasive and came up almost everytime I tried to use the printer or plug my camera in.
    I used to just go on cancelling it each times for months and suddenly it go the message. All I get now is probably a normal list when I plug my camera in with options of programmes to open 'Pictures'.
    That said, I wonder if you can go into settings and remove a check mark. Or maybe uninstall the printer, run the software again and select 'custom installation so you can select what you require.
    If not email the help line for advice.
    I think we spend more time fiddling with our computers than we do using them for the real purpose. Hope all is well with you.
    Last edited by Margaret N; 10-08-09, 21:40.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

hi Margaret I dont like the file manager thing as I cant find my photos in there when I have scanned them much prefer the inbuilt photo thing

Comment

Hi Val,

I don't have an Epson printer/scanner so have never used Epson File Manager, but a quick search brought up this page in the User's Guide, which explains how to save scanned pictures to My Documents or My Pictures: User's Guide (see under "Selecting File Save Settings"). This is for the EPSON Perfection 4490 Photo Scanner but I think the Epson File Manager software will work in the same way for other Epson scanners as well.

There's also an Online Chat feature on the Epson - Support page, and you can enter the model number to get the user guide for your particular scanner/printer. You should also have the user guide on the CD you used to install your printer/scanner, or you may already have it saved to your hard drive. Try clicking on Start > Programs, and then there is probably a folder/file called Epson Manual. (I'm just guessing at the name of the file here, but that is how it comes up for the Canon and HP printers I've had)
        Last edited by Cloggie; 11-08-09, 12:05.
        Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          I just want them to go directly to my Photos on the Laptop can it be turned off and would this automatically make them go to my PC
          I'm not really sure what you're asking here. But, unless your computers are set up to share your scanner & files on a network, if you want to save your scans to your laptop, you will need to have that switched on and connected to your scanner when saving the scans. And likewise to save to your PC you would need to have that switched on and connected to your scanner.
          You could of course save the pictures to the PC and then transfer to the laptop later (using a memory stick or CD/DVD, or using a network, or by mailing to yourself on the other computer).
          Sarah

Comment

thanks Sarah but what I meant was I would rather the scanned images went to my pictures and not the espon programme as I cannot get on with it find it most confusing, think I've sorted it now have uninstalled the File manager.

Comment

My first reply above has a link which explains how to save the photos to My Pictures.
              It sounds like you're happy to do without the File Manager program. But I've found that those programs that come with the scanners often give you more options than Windows own scanning sofware does (changing resolution and other settings, etc.). But you should also be able to scan using other programs like Photoshop or Elements instead of Epson's own scanning software.
              Last edited by Cloggie; 11-08-09, 16:39.
              Sarah

Comment

Working...
              X