Another pair of eyes needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another pair of eyes needed

I have recieved a marriage cert. for a relative, the female side i know of completely, however her husband is proving more difficult to locate.

So another pair of eyes are required to see if they can find them.;-
    1911 Marriage;-

William Henry Miles/24/Bachelor/Cowman/ living Kirdford Sussex/Father William Henry Miles /Labourer.

Both Father and Son have the same names, i can not find either in the 1901 census or earlier yet .

Henry the younger married my Mabel Montgomery Stenning and had a son Reginald(Reganald) William in 1911. yes same year as the marriage.

Peter

There's a tree on Ancestry with a William H Miles born 1886 in Rusper, West Sussex, with father's name William Miles: http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/710...on/-1163994118

This looks like that family in 1901: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1901&indiv=1
    Father is a Woodman on an estate, and son is a Labourer on an estate.
    Sarah

Comment

Have you found William Henry Miles the younger on the 1911 census, to see where he was born?

I've just found the listing for Mabel Montgomery Miles on the 1911 census, age 23, district Petworth, county Sussex, and Reganald William, age 1 month.
      I can't see any William or Henry Miles in Petworth of the right age though. You say you already know the female side. Does this mean you have Mabel on the 1911 census already? If not, the census might reveal more information.
      Last edited by Cloggie; 05-08-09, 11:05.
      Sarah

Comment

Yes i have Mabel on the 1911 census before my credits ran out she is with her parents with Little Regi .

I have contacted the lady whose tree you gave me to see if there is a connection .

Peter

Comment

Hmm, wonder where William was. The only William Henry Miles of the right age I can see in 1911 was in Barnstaple. But of course he may be listed as just William or Henry.
          Sarah

Comment

Yes 1901 is too early for military to take him away , as usually the sons would work with or for thier father if Farm workers etc.
            Unfortunately i dont have the 1911 census image to check his Birth place .

Peter

Comment

Working...
            X