Pole Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole Family

Hi I'm Yvonne, I am researching the Pole family from Leicestershire and Shrewsbury. The man I am chasing now is Richard Pole. Boot Maker. He was born in 1835 Belgrave, Leicester,Married to Ann Smith. They had 9 children one of which was my grandfather Henry . I think I have found him age 5 in1841 living with Alfred and Mary Clarke at Thorpacre, Leicestershire. Does anyone out there have any connections with either Richard or the Clarkes.
    Hope someone has . Yvonne

Hiya Yvonne..I have searched freebmd for Richard and anns marriage...no results ....do you know when and what year they married ?...I`M going to check again...and welcome to FTF.....allan;)
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Welcome, Yvonne!

Have you contacted the Leicestershire & Rutland FHS? They're very active and have quite a lot of useful material. There could be someone there researching those names.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Yvonne...there are over 100 births in Leicester for Pole....so the family are there but NO marriage of Richard Pole to Ann Smith....go to
        FreeBMD Home Page and have a look yourself and see if you recognise any names....allan
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

On IGI
          marriage richard pole to ann smith 5/4/1863 Belgrave
          Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

richard pole b 1/11/1835, bapt 3/1/1836 parents John Pole & Elizabeth
            Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Here's the marriage on FreeBMD; as you'll see, the place name's been mistranscribed in Ann's case. Although it's part of Leicester nowadays, Belgrave comes under the Barrow on Soar registration district.

Marriages Jun 1863
              POLE Richard Barrow 7a 225
              TILEY Elizabeth Barrow 7a 225
              TUNNICLIFFE James Barrow 7a 225
              Marriages Jun 1863
              SMITH Ann Barrow in Furness 8e 225

There's also an earlier marriage for a Richard Pole in the same district (1852).

Comment

In case you're interested, there's a photo here that I took of the church last time I was in Leicester (my great-grandparents were married at the same church):

Leicestershire Towns and Parishes B - Family Tree Forum
                Last edited by Mary from Italy; 04-08-09, 23:05.

Comment

Yes they were married in1863 in Belgrave Leicester. Yvonne

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post
                    On IGI
                    marriage richard pole to ann smith 5/4/1863 Belgrave
                    Yes this is the correct People. Thanks Yvonne

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                      Here's the marriage on FreeBMD; as you'll see, the place name's been mistranscribed in Ann's case. Although it's part of Leicester nowadays, Belgrave comes under the Barrow on Soar registration district.

Marriages Jun 1863
                      POLE Richard Barrow 7a 225
                      TILEY Elizabeth Barrow 7a 225
                      TUNNICLIFFE James Barrow 7a 225
                      Marriages Jun 1863
                      SMITH Ann Barrow in Furness 8e 225

There's also an earlier marriage for a Richard Pole in the same district (1852).
                      The Ancestry transcription does say Barrow on Soar - tho' the Vol ref is incorrect.

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

No-one mentioned having submitted a correction to FreeBMD for that marriage ref, so I have just done so.

Christine

Comment

Oops, sorry, I'd already done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                            Oops, sorry, I'd already done it.
                            Never mind. Then they'll have twice as many warnings! Better that than none at all.

Christine

Comment

Yvonne, as you already had the marriage, are you looking for any other information about this family?

To see if anyone else on this site is connected to them, click on Gedcom at the top of this page.

Comment

Working...
                              X