FTM C@P problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM C@P problem

Now I don't know if its me or not, but everytime I try to C@P from my notes on FTM 2006, it just disappears from the page, if I try and paste it into words, its not there..so I can't C@P it back to notes, result is I have lose my notes in FTM2006...I usually do ctrl and C as it seems it won't do it anyother way, I have got to the point where I am frighened to use C@P incase I lose my information...any suggestion, why is this happening do you think?.....thanks...;)Lilly

C&P from FTM 2006 works fine for me.

Are you sure you haven't used CTRL-X by mistake instead of CTRL-C? Although even if you did, the text should still be on your clipboard.

If text disappears from FTM after the C&P (which it shouldn't), try CTRL-Z (undo).

Comment

I presume you are not clicking any other keys after you have highlighted your selected text and are using CTRL-V to paste.
      Last edited by Guest; 04-08-09, 11:17.

Comment

Yes to both questions, I just don't understand why this is happening.....It has happen a few times, lucky enough it was only little notes and I could redo them, but I have a rather large note that I want to C@P about my grandfather, which of course had loads of detail information on it, and I can't risk losing it, but would take for ever to retype, maybe a edit version lol....an afterthought, what I also can't do on FTM is highlight the text and then C@P using right click box that comes up and clicking on copy is that normal?....Lilly

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly the flower View Post
          what I also can't do on FTM is highlight the text and then C@P using right click box that comes up and clicking on copy is that normal?....Lilly
          No, not normal.

I'm not sure what the problem is - does the text you are trying to copy and paste have any 'strange characters' in it. FTM uses RTF text (rich text format) and I understand that the inclusion of curly brackets, e.g. {...} could cause problems.
          Elaine

Comment

How very strange I have just managed to do it without losing it!!!hurray!!! I think I might have been, out of habit clicking the left mouse on my laptop before actually using ctrl and c..only thing I can think of...I also tried to highlight it but when I righr click nothing happens, the box won't came up, thats odd, but at least I can c@p, just must remember NOT to left click mouse first.....I am tried to write a diary for my grandchildren who move to the USA last week...(househunting today lol) so I will need to be able to C@p from my FTM, as I want to bring different members of the family into it, to bring their English heritage into it...thanks everyone;)Lilly

Comment

Well done Lilly :D

Comment

Glad it's sorted. Good luck with your diary.
                Elaine

Comment

Cor it hard work this lol.....thanks guys.....been sitting here 'talking' most of the morning to different members on shsss facebook)....and doing my tree/Diary, best do something else now.....I don't mind telling you my heart was in my mouth when I tried to C@P.....thanks for all your tips and help;)Lilly

Comment

Working...
                  X