allerton cemetery names list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allerton cemetery names list

Hiya...this is a branch off the Toxteth Cemetery thread I posted yesterday on the General Discussion....
    I have
    Allerton Cemetery
    as a list of names in Allerton Cemetery....unfortunately not ALL names are on this...does anyone have a better site than this please.....trying to find some names for Raggydollsophie a new member who lives in Australia ....cheers...allan
    Last edited by garstonite; 04-08-09, 11:53.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

I don't know of any other sites (yet! :D), but this site says the records for Allerton Cemetery are available at Liverpool Records Office: LIST OF CEMETERY RECORDS
    Sarah

Comment

There are some Allerton Cemetery burials here: Find A Grave Search Results
      The ones listed here seem to be mostly military, but there are some 'civilian' as well.
      Last edited by Cloggie; 04-08-09, 12:08.
      Sarah

Comment

thanks cloggie, walton park is also ringing bells so does anyone have a link to names buried/cremated there??
        best wishes

Comment

There are some burials listed here: Walton Park, Rice Lane, Burials
          And records for that cemetery and others are available at Liverpool Records Office: LIST OF CEMETERY RECORDS
          Records for Walton Park Cemetery can also be obtained at LDS Family History Centers
          See: Family History Library Catalog - Walton Park Parochial Cemetery

The burial registers for Allerton Cemetery can also be obtained through the LDS: Family History Library Catalog - Allerton Cemetery

Some more Liverpool cemetery links here: Liverpool and Merseyside Graveyards
          Last edited by Cloggie; 05-08-09, 08:17.
          Sarah

Comment

Tipping.

T
            Originally posted by garstonite View Post
            Hiya...this is a branch off the Toxteth Cemetery thread I posted yesterday on the General Discussion....
            I have
            Allerton Cemetery
            as a list of names in Allerton Cemetery....unfortunately not ALL names are on this...does anyone have a better site than this please.....trying to find some names for Raggydollsophie a new member who lives in Australia ....cheers...allan
            Hi.Cloggie,
            I would be interested to know of the Tippings you
            are investigating. and who for if this is exceptable

Tippo.

Comment

Cloggie

Hi Cloggie.
              Sorry I got that wrong It was Garstonite who posted looking for Tipping,.
              Cheer's.
              Tippo.
              Last edited by Tippo; 30-10-13, 06:28. Reason: misspelt name

Comment

My ggg grandmother was Mary Tipping born 1815 Garston ,Liverpool- I have about 30 Tippings in my tree - earliest is
                Joannis ( John ) Tipping b 1771 Woolton
                marries
                Anne Lowe b 1771 Woolton ...they marry and move to Garston and have 10 children
                then as far as I know ALL the Tippings who are born in Garston are descended from John and Anne Tipping .
                I drink with a few Tippings in Garston ( one was 55 yesterday ) - and we have the same blood line ..we call each other cuz although it`s 150 years ago we had the same ggg grandparents.....and in my phone they are TIPPO ...lol
                allan
                Last edited by garstonite; 12-10-13, 10:36.
                Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

[SIZE=4] HI Garstonite,
                  My father was born in 55 St, Mary's Rd, which is the Co-Op
                  Funeral Parlour .
                  Do you have any of these names in your tree : Charles Layton Tipping 1873/
                  Mary Layton Tipping 1858-1906. Charles Tipping 1844 m Mary Ann Hales.
                  Mary Ann Tipping 1860, John Tipping 1821 m Ellen Layton 1820.
                  William John Tipping 1875- 1936 m Margaret Alice Reynolds 1878.
                  They lived in Woodger St, at one time.
                  I only go back to John Tipping and Ellen Layton,but I'm back to 1854
                  on My g/mothers side her mother Catherine Nolan was born 1854 in
                  Chaple Place, Much Woolton as it was in those days.
                  I was born in 6, Mill View, Much Woolton, 80 yrs ago.
                  Looking forward to hearing from you.
                  Take Care.

Tippo.

Comment

Garstonite.
                    I sat next to a lovely young lady in class her name was Ursular ( Bunty) Oakes.
                    Any relation this would be 1944/5 Springwood school.

Cheer's,
                    Tippo..

Comment

Originally posted by Tippo View Post
                      Garstonite.
                      I sat next to a lovely young lady in class her name was Ursular ( Bunty) Oakes.
                      Any relation this would be 1944/5 Springwood school.

Cheer's,
                      Tippo..
                      We appear to be related through the Tipping line in Garston ...I will research John Tipping b 1821 - his father has to be the brother of my Mary Tipping b 1815 Garston - she was the youngest of 10.
                      And yes Bunty is a relation ( I was always led to believe her name was Hannah ?)- she lost her husband (Peter Jones )last year ...it was so sad - I was talking to him a week before he died ( heart attack )..he was a lovely lovely man .I will try and get in touch with Bunty for you - she herself has been having medical problems ....I will post as soon as I get some info
                      take care " cuz" ...lol
                      allan
                      Last edited by garstonite; 16-10-13, 08:00.

Comment

The only John Tipping I can find born Garston 1821 - sadly dies and is buried 11th November 1821...it`s on familysearch.org - are you sure your John who married Ellen Layton was b 1821 Garston ??
                        allan
                        ADDED...any members please feel free to join in and help ...
                        my tree as follows
                        JOANNIS TIPPING b 1771 - marries Anne Lowe b 1771 in Woolton - they marry 11 th January 1789 in Woolton and then move to Garston 2 miles away...10 children - my direct ancestor in capitals
                        Thomas 1789 / Roland 1891 / Richard 1793 /John 1795 / Jacob 1798 / Jane 1800 / William 1805 / Edward 1807 / Joseph 1811 / MARY TIPPING 1815 ...
                        so - where there TWO John Tipping b 1821 in Gartson - we know of one - but he dies and is buried 11th November 1821
                        thanks for reading
                        Last edited by garstonite; 16-10-13, 08:56.

Comment

Tippo - what was your dads name born in 55 St Marys road ??
                          cheers
                          allan

Comment

Hi Allan,
                            My father was Ernest George 1906 -1954. M Letitia Atkinson St, Peters Much Woolton,1931. his father was John William 1875- 1935
                            Wirral m Margaret Alice Reynolds, offspring William John 1900 - my father, Catherine Jane 1902, Lilian 1903,Eric Charles 1910-1974. m
                            Constance Mary Ruxton,1910. May Elizabeth,1914 -1982.m Reginald Corfe, 1914 - 1986.
                            Charles Layton, 1873.- Ernest Alfred, 1878 - Norman James, 1880. these are my G/fathers brothers.
                            As to John Tipping being b 1821 no. I have m cert for John Tipping m Ellen Layton, 1842, St Nicholas Church the Parish of L,pool.
                            Hope this makes sence.

Cheer',

Tippo.

George.

Comment

Hi Allan,
                              Bunty always had her hair in plaits they where great to pull to
                              torment her.
                              Give her my regards,
                              Its great hearing of her I often wondered about her.

Cheer's,
                              Tippo.

Comment

Hi Garstonite,
                                John William d 2010. Dorothy May d 2011.

Cheer's,
                                Tippo.

Comment

OK ...cheers ...I am currently getting in touch with the Tippings to see about any connection - pretty confident there is one because of your dad being born 55 St Marys Road ,Garston in 1906 ..will be in touch
                                  allan

Comment

HI Garstonite,
                                    I see you have a Anne Lowe an old LadyMrs Lowe lived Eight doors away from us 180 Vale Rd
                                    a round the start of the war she had a son known as Ginger Lowe I knew of him because he was a joiner
                                    and he did a job making a fold down kitchen
                                    table for my mother, I think they moved out into Allerton Rd just
                                    down from the library opposite the baths. just wondered could they be of the same family.

cheer's,

Tippo.

Comment

Hi Garstonite,
                                      Sorry I don't know where John who m Ellen Layton was born,
                                      Cheer's.

Tippo.

Comment

Hi Garstonite,
                                        I did a search of Toxteth park cemetery clicked on T and got a list of Tipping;s
                                        seven of them were my family John Tipping, 1821- 1857 age 54yrs.
                                        Charles 1845-1910. 65yrs. James 1858-1873. 23yrs
                                        William 1853-1875. 22yrs.
                                        Mary Layton Tipping 1859-1906, 47yrs.
                                        Mary Ann 1846-1900, 54yrs.
                                        Ellen 1820-1903, 83yrs.
                                        John 1821-1875, 54yrs,
                                        Cheer's,

Tippo..

Comment

Working...
                                        X