Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone read this name please?

Hi
    Does anyone have any idea what the 1st name of ???? Horace Harris is please. the nearest I can think of is Eynon, but have searched for him and he doesn't seem to exist! Many thanks
    Jackie

nanna's_marriage_certificate 2.jpg
    Jackie x

Jackie

What was the date of the marriage and the name of his child, that might help us? I can see its Oxford.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Hi Lin.
      The wedding was in Glamorgan in 1946.The son who married was George Frederick Charles Harris age 31 (can't find his birth either!) His address at the time of the marriage was 27 Westbury Crescent, South Oxford.
      Many thanks for looking
      Jackie x

Comment

I think it is ERYMON you can find the name on google - mainly as surname but also christian name in america
        Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Thanks Jean.
          I've found a few similar names on google as well, but none of them seem to show up for any records on ancestry
          Jackie x

Comment

I'd have transposed the letters - EYRMON - and not too certain about the last vowel - you'd need to compare against others on the page (more than show in the extract). It could be E or A.

There's a Welsh feminine name EIRWEN (meaning White Snow), which looks as if it might have the same linguistic roots.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

What was the name of the clergyman who took the service? Whoever taught him to write could have taught my father! (assuming that it was the same person who filled out the Register).

Christine
              Last edited by Christine in Herts; 04-08-09, 11:47.
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Is this a possibility for the birth?
                George C F Harris, 1914, Jan-Feb-Mar, Mother's Maiden Name: Snell, District: St Germans, Cornwall Volume: 5c Page: 48
                I know the initials are the wrong way round but at least they are the same.
                Margaret

Comment

Eyrman?? I initally thought it was Eammon.. but have never seen such a name... sorry.
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I think it's definitely EYRMAN could be phonetic for Herman! nothing coming up on ancesrty for Eyrmon Horace Harris.
                    Have you nay ideas of where he might have been born/lived?
                    Margaret

Comment

Hi all.
                      Thanks for taking the time to look. I also think it could be Eyrman/Eyrmon..
                      I did think that Ephraim could also be a possibilty, but there is no upward stroke for the h :(
                      Thank you Margaret for that birth ref. will look into that one.. This family is really proving difficult..George Frederick Charles Harris left his family when his children were young and there was no contact after he left.. There was talk of him being a bigamist, but don't know if this was before or after this marriage
                      Back to the drawing board for me I think!!
                      Last edited by Jackie In Cardiff; 04-08-09, 19:56.
                      Jackie x

Comment

Jackie - you'll have to remove the complete image of the b.c. - breach of copyright. You need to use a photo editing program to just show the bit you want us to see.
                        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I think finding George F C's birth is probably key to this as at least you would get his mother's name and maybe from that who she married.
                          I clicked on your cert but it's a bit small to really see the handwriting for further analysis.
                          Margaret

Comment

Have done so John :o

Will check out that cert Margaret and possibly order if I can narrow him down to that one. Many thanks for everyones help.
                            Jackie x

Comment

Working...
                            X