Searching for Edward and Catherine Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for Edward and Catherine Kelly

Edward Kelly (born 1808 in Ireland) married Catherine White (born 1821 in Ireland) - their first child a daughter Catherine (born 1838 in Ireland) was foillowed by Charles (born 1848 in Shadwell) and Honora (born 1851 in St. George's in East). I have traced their descendents but have met a brick wall in my efforts to find out where in Ireland they married or where in Ireland they were born or even their parentage. Can anyone help me to knock down my brick wall. The family did not appear on the 1841 census so I must presume they came to London between 1841 and 1848 (when Charles was born in London) as they are on the 1851 census. Need some help to cross the water to Ireland.

Edward Kelly

Irish ancestry is notoriously difficult. Have you looked in our Wiki for ideas?
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

im afraid even if you do find out where in ireland they are from, you probably wont get much further than what you have. around the time edward and catherine were born, is usually the start of the surviving parish records for ireland. some records are as early as 1770, but i think they are for protestants.
      you may be lucky in getting the baptism for them, and maybe their marriage, but most people barely get to 1800 in irish research.

did catherine survive till 1911? she may have been more clear on her birthplace then.

Comment

Many thanks - firstly to "Little Nell" for the information re the WIKI - as a new member I am feeling my way around the wealth of information - I do not hold out much hope as I believe most of the Vital Records in Ireland were destroyed by fire - but I just keep hoping - Carlow remains in the mind of one family member but without certainty. Thanks anyway.

And to "Kyle Justin" - unfortunately Catherine died in 1902 and like all the other census records the place of birth was always shown as just Ireland. There is a fainthope that her daughter Kate had a family and the knowledge passed on to them - I am currently checking this part of the family and have tracked down ancestors who were born in 1937 - still need to contact them however. Wonderful to think that someone in OZ is trying to help me.

Regards Alf Fox

Comment

Hiya ALF....is that you with Honora and Charles in the Kelly listings ???...allan
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
          oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
          adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
          merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
          coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Kelly family

Allan,

Any information on the Kelly/White thread would be appreciated.

Alf Fox

Comment

I`m an idiot Alf....I should have stated on Genes Reunited ??.....an Alfred has them in his tree...is it you ?.....allan;)
              Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
              oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
              adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
              merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
              coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

and you have the entire family on the census? so there arnt any members who have similar family names or surnames? that survived to 1911?

Comment

Working...
                X