For those with an interest in Auschwitz-Birkenau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those with an interest in Auschwitz-Birkenau

Another thumbs up for the flickr website and worth visiting just for the images alone but even more so for those with any family history connections to Auschwitz-Birkenau.

A set of images taken at the site by one of my contacts, please note these images are copyrighted and not for download. However if anyone joins flickr they can ask the photographer if he would consider allowing the use of an image, until you ask you never know.

The set (50+ images) can be found on the following link

Auschwitz-Birkenau - a set on Flickr

click a thumbnail for a larger version of any image or view them as a slideshow.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

We can only imagine the terror of the Jews and what Hitler deemed as other undesirables that finished their days there. Very stark images.

Comment

It's the railway lines that David photographed that get me, they look quite harmless but when you think where they are it really is the end of the line. There are hundreds of stories behing the images (even though the images were taken 60 odd years after the events at the camp).

I can see a few have looked at the images, given the recent re-run of the Stephen Fry WDYTYA and Kate Humble having a POW angle on her episode it seemed quite poignant timing to post the set on Flickr.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
      X