OMG I'm in print!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG I'm in print!

I've just nearly fallen off my chair with the shock of discovering that I'm in the latest issue of WDYTYA magazine on page 8.

They've picked up my query from their website forum about my lost relations in Australia and have reproduced the postcard of Ron and Reg Ruscoe - the one with trouser creases that 'garstonite' so admired :D

They have missed the bit that Frank Kenneth MURRAY married Ethel Edna PIPER in Sydney but heh! I'm not worrying as the article is headed Murrays in Australia.

If anything there rings any bells then please see my original thread on on here The Murrays of Shropshire, Cheshire and Lancashire where you'll get a link to the Flikr site where I've got all my photos on show.

I just hope that WDYTYA mag has a big readership in Oz - maybe, just maybe, a brick will come loose from my wall...

I'm expecting a big rush of members to the flickr group so we had better give some thought to a welcome thread on the group discussion board.

Even if a few FTF folks just want to join in for a natter and a biscuit i'm sure we can rustle something up and set about framing the articles for hanging on the wall of the tin shed currently used as "Murray HQ".
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

I'd never thought about that. I'll hop off over to Flickr now and do something.

Comment

Ooh G.L. will you still talk to us now you're famous?.....:D

Comment

i have just add a link to your thread and i have just ask to join your group

good luck with your brick wall
          wye surrey/london/birmingham
          lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
          hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
          ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
          herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
          armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

Originally posted by Just Barbara View Post
            Ooh G.L. will you still talk to us now you're famous?.....:D
            Course I will LOL just don't expect me to say much for a wee while, my flabber is still a bit gasted with the shock.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbe View Post
              http://www.familytreeforum.com/resea...ancashire.html
              i have just add a link to your thread and i have just ask to join your group

good luck with your brick wall
              Hang on, I'll get there in a mo. I've just had a busy spell here in the tin shed/at work. And there's the blooming phone ringing now. I've just got up to answer it and they've rung off. There it goes again... What a nuisance the public can be when you want to go skiving LOL
              Last edited by GallowayLass; 03-08-09, 16:11. Reason: typo

Comment

Phew, i just made a phone call and had to ring off before it was answered, it wisnee me, honest.
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

*Sourly wonders if GL gave them permission to use the postcard*

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                    *Sourly wonders if GL gave them permission to use the postcard*

OC
                    No I didn't as it happens OC. I didn't even know I'd been picked for inclusion in the mag till I opened it this afternoon. I presume there must be something in the small print that covers them, me having having clicked on the "accept Ts&Cs" button to join.

Comment

Congrats on the publication. But the June edition here in Aus has only just hit the newsagent so it may be awhile before us Aussies see it! Don't know why it takes so long. I try hard not to read about the current episodes because it may not be till the end of the year that we get to see them. They do sell out quickly so I hope you find someone to help in your research.
                      oakes63 passed away in September 2021

Comment

Thanks for the update oakes.

So maybe Santa might be here before the September edition reaches Aus? I'll just have to content myself till the end of the year before I get all excited about looking for reponses.

Don't forget you can log on Flickr and see all the stuff in the Murrays of Shropshire, Cheshire and Lancashire group from the link in the original thread on here. I need 7 more folks to join before Glen has to come good with his promised photos LOL.

Comment

Working...
                        X