Postal Workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal Workers

I've googled this without finding anything.....not having much luck today..lol

Anyone know if there is a directory of postal workers (postmen) for about 1930 onwards in England. I'm assuming Warrington area.

Thanks.

This website is about the British Postal Museum and Archives: Our history through the post — The British Postal Museum and Archive

Hope you find what you are looking for.
    Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

Comment

Thanks Fi.............off to have a squizz.

Comment

I'm not hopeful that records survive for postmen. The Post Office was divided up into Postal Regions and subdivided into Head Postmasters' districts. Recruitment of postmen was devolved to Head Postmasters (District Postmasters in London).
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Some postal appointments get/got reported in the London Gazette. There's a searchable archive. I don't have the link here.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X