Ancestry - I am annoyed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry - I am annoyed

Just as I have learnt about enumeration districts, ie the roads the person who took your census return covered and managing to search 3 census returns for 4 surnames, today Ancestry has changed and I am no longer able to save the enumeration page. I have all the census pages and now I want the enumeration pages to go with them, despite one of the staff at Kew asking me "Why do you want them" when I asked his advise to search them.
    Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

Fi,

cant you just left click and 'save as??'
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

no, not on the enumerations pages.
      Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

Comment

hmmmm do you mean the pages where they describe where they have enumerated??

can you give me a link fi?

you might be able to do a screen shot

:D

do you use picasa 3 at all??
        Julie

Comment

I can save the Enumeration Pages by right clicking and Save Image as.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            Fi,

cant you just left click and 'save as??'
            Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
            I can save the Enumeration Pages by right clicking and Save Image as.

LOL!! I mean't right click...

thanks Wendy,
            Julie

Comment

Is it the 1871 census record you are dealing with? if so, the format that now shows differs from the other census records, i dont why Ancestry are doing the 1871 this way, perhaps they are preparing us for another wholesale change.

I have just done the exercise of looking at the enumeration districts, as far as i can see you cannot "save " the 1871 enumeration record like you can with the other census years,

I can only suggest you print it off, which you can do, and then scan your copy into your records.

Hope this helps

Link to the 1871 enumeration record

link to the 1891 shows the difference in what shows on the page

George
              Last edited by Haydn; 02-08-09, 21:17.
              Researching Drury, Tinley, Watson, Pavier. Mainly Nottinghamshire

Comment

Originally posted by Haydn View Post
                I can only suggest you print it off, which you can do, and then scan your copy into your records.
                You could also email it to yourself.

Comment

I've just worked out how you can do it

In the bar above the image there is a button called Options. Click on that and untick the "Use the advanced viewer" option. When that is done you can then right click and "Save picture as ..."

If you then want to put it back to how it was, click Options again and tick the "Use the advanced viewer" option
                  Jackie

Comment

You can also use this for anything you see on screen.
                    Click Ctrl and Prt Scrn together and this will copy the page, then open notepad,or paint, right click and click paste and it is copied to where you pasted it. Then print it out.

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by Haydn View Post
                      I have just done the exercise of looking at the enumeration districts, as far as i can see you cannot "save " the 1871 enumeration record like you can with the other census years,
                      You can still save as normal, but you just have to click in a different place. If I click on the link you gave for a 1871 enumeration district, there is an orange Save button at the top right corner of the page. Click on that and then one of the options is to save the image to your computer's hard drive.

Looks like the Save button may sometimes disappear if you change the minimize/maximize settings. The Minimize/Maximize Image button is on the left of the green bar running above the image. Once when I changed the setting, the Save button disappeared, but other times it has remained, so there may be some kind of glitch. I was able to get the Save button to reappear by refreshing the page after changing the Minimize/Maximize setting or by closing the page and re-opening it in a new window.
                      Last edited by Cloggie; 03-08-09, 05:44.
                      Sarah

Comment

If you use Picasa3 and have it open, then get to the page you want to save, then do a screen shot, (by pressing the fn + prt sc) buttons it will auto save in Picasa3 for you.
                        Julie

Comment

Wow, First of all I cannot believe you have all been trying to solve my problem throughout the night and secondly You have all come up with various options and they all work.

Many Thanks to every single one of you.

And to Ancestry, why did you do this to me half way through my 1871 searches. Anyway problem solved, I have it saved now and I took my frustration out on my bedroom this morning and through away a black bag full of rubbish.

Thank you all!!!!!
                          Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Comment

lol!!

am glad that it is a way around the 'new' look that i'm sure that ancestry are planning.. though I dont like it one bit, but its something that I suppose I'll get used to!! lol.
                            Julie

Comment

Am I the only one who likes the "new look" on the census images? :D
                              I like that you can view the source information (census reference) and submit corrections (including place and age) all on the same page.
                              Sarah

Comment

Working...
                              X