Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

I know this is a bit of a long shot but i'm looking for information on Salmon's from Bethnal Green. I don't have a lot of information as i really didn't know my fathers side of the family. I know that my fathers parents were Samuel Salmon (born 1927) and Iris Trinnaman (born 1927)and Samuel's parents were Edward Salmon born Dec 1895 in Bethnal Green and Elizabeth Fountain, but i have no place or date of birth for her. I believe Samuel had a twin brother who was called Edward. At some point Samuel was a publican in Bethnal Green, maybe up to as late as the mid 1980s, he was then believed to have moved to Kent to open up a bed and breakfast with his wife Hilda who he married after divorcing Iris. They family may have links with the rag and bone trade in the Mile End area. If anyone could help in anyway i would be extremely grateful.

These are the births of Samuel and Edward; as they have the same MMN and they're registered on the same page, it certainly looks as though they were twins:

Births Dec 1927
    Salmon Edward J / Fountain / Shoreditch / 1c 105
    Salmon Samuel G / Fountain / Shoreditch / 1c 105

Comment

Thanks for your prompt response, that helps a lot. I have tried looking on the 1901 census for their father but i just can't find him, i was hoping that it would help with other family members.

Comment

This looks like Edward and Elizabeth's marriage:
        DIPPLE Emily PEAGRAM Bethnal G. 1c 188
        FOUNTAIN Elizabeth A SALMON Bethnal G. 1c 188
        Peagram Charles Dipple Bethnal G. 1c 188
        SALMON Edward J FOUNTAIN Bethnal G. 1c 188

The marriage cert should give her age and father's name which should help identify her in the 1901/1911 census.

found on FreeBMD FreeBMD Home Page

(by the way are any of these people still alve, because we're not allowed to post details of living people on FTF )

Comment

Here's their parents' marriage:

Marriages Mar 1927
          FOUNTAIN Elizabeth A SALMON Bethnal G. 1c 188
          SALMON Edward J FOUNTAIN Bethnal G. 1c 188

Comment

A couple of possible births for Elizabeth:

Births Jun 1905
            Fountain Elizabeth Annie St. Olave 1d 188
            Births Sep 1908
            FOUNTAIN Elizabeth Annie Mile End 1c 425

Comment

The recent death of my grandfather was what prompted me to start on the family tree, but with having no one left of the family to ask for information it's proving to be a bit difficult.

Comment

Do you have a subscription to Ancestry?

Comment

yeah i do, but i just don't know where to start

Comment

Lisa,

Have you tried the FTF Wiki here: Creating Your Family Tree - Family Tree Forum

(you can also get to it from the 'How to' guides on the blue bar towards the top of the screen)

Comment

Working...
                    X