Settlement Certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settlement Certificates

I have come across the following in the Yesterday's Journey's lists (on Rootschat)

Elmton - with date of certificate

SC10 George RICHARDSON, Alice wife, William, Mary, John. Barlborough 1734/5

Could someone explain what it means please.

Thanks
    Barbara

Barbara

Excuse me for being thick, I've just eaten, lol, but are you asking what a settlement certificate is, or are you asking what that actual entry means?

If so, it just means they were granted the right to stay in Elmton on that date. You will have to order the document to get at any further detail and there might not be much - it is the Settlement EXAMINATION which has the whys and wherefores on it.

(A2A used to display all the details at one point but since TNA have absorbed A2A, you only get the bare title of the document concerned and have to buy it to find out any more!)

OC

Comment

Thanks OC

I was asking what the actual entry meant, so thank you.

I see I'd better go and have a hunt round TNA for the original settlement examination then.

Many thanks
      Barbara

Comment

Barbara, have you tried contacting Mike on Yesterdays Journey about the document, looks like he has the ones listed.

Sylvia
        Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
        Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
        Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Barbara

My friend has ordered quite a bit from Mike and his prices are very reasonable.

I've found a couple of thing on his site and keep saying I will go back to Matlock to look for them myself and never get round to it.

You've reminded me that I sould get in touch with him
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Just read your post properly and I think all the things from Yesterdays journey are from Matlock

Better get my eyes tested!!
            Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Working...
            X