Is this just a coincidence ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this just a coincidence ??

have a couple John Thomas Keen born 1843 in Bethnal Green and a Sarah Emily Sigston born 1851 St Pancras they marry in 1869 in St Pancras then disappear.
    I have now found on the 1880 Census for St George Knox Maine USA
    a John K Keen aged 36 with wife Sarah aged 29 and son John W Keen born in Maine aged 7
    Could this be my missing family the ages are right its just the K for John's middle name thats wrong ????
    Not being able to find them on 1871 does not help .
    Thanks for any help

Have looked up the marriage to verify and there isn't an entry for Sarah Sigston (unless I am looking in the wrong place) for 1869 St Pancras.

Comment

Hi I have the marriage cert Lorraine just seems too much of a coincidence not to be them??
      If only I could find their emigration records ???? would help

Comment

Lorraine, although there are only three names with John's ref number, 2 men one woman, Sarah IS there in 1869 but indexed with a mistranscribed page number.
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

is she Judith ?? even I never noticed that .

Comment

John K Keen has "sailor" as occupation. Is that ok?

I tried looking here: FamilySearch Record Search

but could find only what you've already mentioned.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine yes I saw that not really sure what to think ???but I suppose he could have joined the American forces ??? dont know a lot about them .
              Just seems so coincidental the name matches and birth years??

Comment

The only way to be sure would be to find the birth record for the son and see who his parents were.
                Not sure what's online for US births, probably not a lot :(
                Margaret

Comment

thanks for your reply Margaret its so hard to do that I am after another one from the usa too but not had any luck

Comment

Working...
                  X