Edward Oke b 16th March 1830

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Oke b 16th March 1830

Hi all...this has been sent to me by e-mail from someone who cannot find their gg grandfather....all the details she has are from the 1911 census report which means he lived to a good old age...census states that..
    Edward Oke b 16th march CHESHIRE ENGLAND...
    Edward came to Canada in 1848 aged 18....Edward married Elizabeth Brooks in 1856 in Butterfield Corn in Durham , Ontario ,Canada on 6th October
    it states that Elizabeth Brooks was born 25th March 1835 England...
    this lady contact says that there is a posting by a Jim Oke on a private tree that states Edward Oke was an Orphan when he was a child...........
    I have checked with CPRDb and there is no record of Edward Oke around 1830....so....he MUST be around on the 1841 census.....I have told this lady to join FTF and I`m awaiting her to join...the point is that I have explained to her it could be Edward
    Oke
    Oak
    Okes
    Oakes
    Oaks......
    Oakes being my name...this is why she has contacted me.....so can we find Edward Oke in the 1841 census please aged 10 / 11 .....thanks...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

There are 4 members of the Oke family from Cheshire from 1865 to 1873...presumably siblings...all listed by one member..3 in Birkenhead and the 1865 name in Tranmere(they adjoin)..so there was a family in cheshire named Oke...but none earlier than 1865....????....allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Working...
    X