Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jehovahs Witness' America

Good Morning

This is a real dip in the dark and another attempt to break down my brick wall.

Does anyone have any information or have any idea where I may be able ro find any information about the formation of the Jehovahs Witness faith in America. Google'ing' has just bought up a mish mash, but I will percivere (sp)

My sister remembers my Dad talking to a Jehovahs Witness friend, that one of our ancestors emigrated to America and was one of the first J.W's out there. I have found my ancestors in the UK being Salvation Army in the early stages of it's formation in the UK. This family also were shown to be travellers, so I am wondering if I can link this snippet of info into my family to move forward.... As the saying goes 'Out of sall acorns...'

The family name is Perry, and I would be so grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you Bubblebelle
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Have you already seen this: History of Jehovah's Witnesses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    There are also lots of references at the bottom which may be of interest to you.
    Sarah

Comment

Thanks cloggie.

I did read the article, but didn't think about the references. Will go and check out now.

Bubblebelle
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Working...
      X