the old mersey times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the old mersey times

good morning...I`m not sure if this is on the right thread...if not,could a moderator move it to the correct one please...it`s information for anyone researching Liverpool 1850`s 1900....here`s the link
    Old Mersey Times being from Liverpool I found it very interesting and loads of info...you might be lucky and see one of your rellies births etc....allan
    BTW be careful...a man sold his wife in Thirsk in 1855 for 2s and sixpence,,,,lol
    Last edited by garstonite; 31-07-09, 09:11.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

It's a great site isn't it?
    Thanks for mentioning it Allan. I haven't looked at it in a while. Will have to have a search and see if I can find anything interesting.
    There are some more good Liverpool links in the Wiki under Lancashire - Family Tree Forum.

And you probably already know you can search the Liverpool Mercury in the 19th Century British Newspapers Collection (accessible through many libraries). I've found lots of BMD announcements and other interesting snippets in there.
    Sarah

Comment

Good Morning Allan and Sarah

Sarah, thats a great link, my Dads family all came from Lancaster, i can see lots of them there....Yeah !!
      I never knew about this site.
      Going to have a look in detail now - Thankyou for posting.
      Jacky

Comment

Working...
      X