I've finally killed 3xgrt g/f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've finally killed 3xgrt g/f

After three years of hunting and looking at all the possibles i have finally killed of my 3xgrt grandfather and found his burial too.

Thankfully the frequent visits to freereg have unearthed his burial (well not literally unearthed) and freebmd have just added his death ref to the bmd (a year with poor coverage).

So i have killed him off, found births for all his kids (pre 1837), his marriage (1812), now just to stumble on his baptism, probably another three year wait for that now.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

good for you.

Kill off my GG GF for me, there's a love;)
    Rose

Comment

Well Done hun!!!

I know what its like, trying to kill em off...

but the man with the tinsel gets there eventually
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Well done Glen. :D

You will have to get the cert now to see what happened to him

I wish I could kill off my ggg grandparents

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

do you think all these ancestors were abducted by aliens
          Rose

Comment

how lovely and only 3 years too ??????????? hope mine dont take that long

Comment

Great. Wish I could kill off my gt x 2 grandfather William Williams (great name!) but he doesn't appear to have died, or been on 1911 census and his 2nd wife has just vanished too.
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I just hope he left a will, farmer of 300+ acres and employing 12 men and boys plus four domestics would hopefully mean he left something but there isn't any mention of him on NOAH (Norfolk heritage site) or other family members come to that.

The farm is still there, still called Grange Farm too, i often wonder if any of the buildings remain, anything pre 1880 would fit the bill....anyone fancy a trip to a Norfolk farm with a camera?

I'm still stuck with him as far as going back is concerned though, looks like a cousin(?) with the same name lived in the same village but i can't find any baptisms for the name anywhere close to the time needed.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Congratulations. It's not often people are happy you killed someone. lol

Hope you find the rest of his details soon.
                  Kit

Comment

I managed to bury my GGGF very easily but it took nearly 20 YEARS to track down his death registration, despite having an exact date of death! He had had the temerity to die out of area.

Glen, if you cannot find a will easily, then have a look for either Tithe maps, or land transactions. These are very useful and will often give you a clue as to where the will was proved, which may not be where you think it should be!

One of my Cheshire farmers had a will proved in Yorkshire, as did all his ancestors for the same property. This was because anciently the farm and land had belonged to the Archdeaconry of York.

OC

Comment

I know the farm had some connection to Lord Sondes and a change to the boundary took place whe the railway arrived as the line cut through some of the land.
                      The trouble being some of the history is contemporary to my lot being there (up to 1880) and some is quite a bit later.

Freereg coverage is supposedly pretty complete for the period i'm looking at in the area but i haven't as yet worked out the relationship between the two or possibly three families in the village with the surname, nor can i work back beyond the marriages of roughly 1800-1811.

Either the census details for pob are way out, they may not have been baptised or the name was mangled very badly but i would have thought i could find something for at least one of them.

At least i can place my man in the '41 and '51 and every census taken at the farm from 1841 to 1901 has been found, the later ones don't help as the family connection stopped in 1880 but it's handy to have them anyway.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                      X