No announcement yet.

Help with finding marriage please ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with finding marriage please ...?

Hi

Please can anyone help me?

I am trying (unsuccessfully!) to find the marriage of George Seal and Elizabeth Herons/Hiorns (depending which document you look at).

George was born in 1842 in Loxley, Warwickshire and Elizabeth, according to the 1871, 1881 and 1891 census returns (all easy to find), was born in Bishop’s Tachbrook, Warwickshire around 1841.

In 1871 they are living in Leamington with their daughters Ada, 2 and Annie E, 2 months (that confused me as I am researching their daughter Annie Elizabeth born in 1885. Sadly, this Annie E had died by the end of the year).
    In 1881 and 1891 they are living in Aston, Birmingham.

Any help given gratefully received.

P.S. I am on the laptop at my parents’ house at the top of a mountain in Spain so I keep losing connection. Apologies if you reply and I don’t get back straight away. Fingers crossed the connection holds (I have already posted this once and it dropped out. As if family research wasn’t hard enough :D
    :D Charney Jo

Variation on a theme, but might help the finding of the GRO ref

GEORGE CEAL

Event(s):

Marriages:
    Spouse: ELIZABETH HIORNS
    Marriage: 07 JUL 1868 Newbold Pacey, Warwick, England

Got it

Marriages Sep 1868

CEAL George Stratford 6d 649 <<<
    Hirons Elizabeth Stratford 6d 649 <<<<
    Pratt John Stratford On Avon 6d 649
    Weston Elizabeth Stratford 6d 649
    Jess

Comment

To go with Jess' find

George Ceal married Elizabeth Hiorns JAS 1868 Stratford District 6d, 649

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Thanks both. How come I couldn't find that?

Internet crashed and had to feed my 7 month old - sorry for delay
        :D Charney Jo

Comment

it depends on how elizabeth's surname was pronounced, and how the vicar decided to spell it. my cousins are hyrons, and apparently it was irons back in england. also i wouldnt have thought to look under ceal for seal.

Comment

Working...
          X