Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it wrong to help newbies from another site ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it wrong to help newbies from another site ?

Hi....there`s someone on another site who is a newbie and can`t find the death of an ancestor....and neither can I .....would it be wrong to ask on their behalf on this site ?....BTW ..finding this lady is frustrating me now as well.....just a query folks....allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

No problem Allan - give us the problem and then if we solve it you can recommend FTF to her! :D

.. well you could recommend FTF anyway - but let's see if we can help!
    Elaine

Comment

good morning Elaine....I have found this ladies birth and her marriage..
      Louise Depledge b sep qtr 1871 West Derby (l`pool)
      marriage to Matthew Walker at St Marys,Kikdale (l`pool) in 1893
      son Charles Henry Walker b 1896....then she disappears..

in 1891 census Matthew is a police officer living in Police accomodation in Walton,Liverpool..Louise is with her widowed mother and other children in Walton...

1901 census Matthew is in Poulton(Morecambe) states married aged 34.
      Charles Henry is nearby with another family....no sign of Louise Walker..

in 1911 Matthew and Charles are in Atherton and he is 42 ,widower,police sergeant.......
      ..Lousie (Depledge) Walker seems to just disappear...I`ve checked freebmd and Lancashirebmd year by year from 1896 to 1911....zilch...as you know I`m not a whizz kid at research but I know a little bit....where is she ??.....thanks...allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post

in 1891 census .Louise is with her widowed mother and other children in Walton...
        Can't see her at the moment in 1891 - can you give the details of children or full name and year/place of birth of mother ... or the census ref!
        Elaine

Comment

Ignore that .. found her I think - mother Elizabeth Depledge age 47

Class: RG12; Piece: 2978; Folio 78; Page 40
          - Ancestry.co.uk
          Elaine

Comment

Yes Elaine....Elizabeth was her mum....
            just found out that Matthew was living in Haydock in 1918 and that Charles Henry Walker was killed in WW1 ...CWGC record....Haydock isn`t far from Liverpool...Matthew re married to Emma Louise Lawson between 1918 and 1922...daughter born Emma Louise Lawson Walker 6th March 1922 registered Warrington......allan;)
            Last edited by garstonite; 30-07-09, 07:26.

Comment

On the 1891 she is shown as Louisa Depledge and in the death index here is a possible one
              Louisa Walker Birth Year: abt 1870, Sep 1898, age at death 28, Islington London, Volume: 1b Page: 214
              Since he was a policeman I wonder if he had been posted away and then came back after she died so someone could look after the child?
              Margaret

Comment

That's a possible Margaret - and I can't see anything better.

Allan, get her to join FTF and tell her how wonderful we usually are!
                Elaine

Comment

Margaret...I seen that death and the age fits in ,but Matthew was an officer with Lancashire police,and all his postings were in Lancashire...there is a possibility he may have transferred to the Metropolitan Police....it is an avenue to look at if we can`t find Louise in 1901 census or her death 1896-1901....thanks...allan;)
                  LOL Elaine...HIS names John from Bedford .....have sent him an invite but he`s gone off line.allan
                  On checking that again,Matthew says he is married on 1901 census...would he not have stated Widower ,like he did in 1911 ??
                  Last edited by garstonite; 30-07-09, 07:50.

Comment

I can see it's quite clear that he is said to be married on 1901 but that could be wrong. Have checked and there is no trace of a divorce on TNA. So my money would be on the death.
                    Margaret

Comment

Could also be that one of Louisa's sisters/brothers went to live in London and she was with them when she died, maybe not too well after the boy was born. I couldn't see any likely Depledge males in London but maybe it was a married sister?
                      Margaret

Comment

Okay Margaret ..I will forward the death on ...he has stated that he has e-mailed Lancashire records office as they have government police records and may have details on Matthew Walker.....he`s going to let me know....thanks again ....Allan;)

John has registered and has viewed this thread........allan
                        Last edited by garstonite; 30-07-09, 08:21.

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                          LOL Elaine...HIS names John from Bedford .....
                          Oops! ;)
                          Elaine

Comment

He sent me a PM Elaine.....saying he`s registered with FTF and to tell Elaine that she`s a he(with a smile)....he has viewed this thread so I presume when he is a member he will post himself...thanks again Elaine....allan;)

Comment

Sorry John ... and welcome to FTF!
                              Elaine

Comment

Just rechecking what Margaret found and there are 4 or 5 Louisa Walkers on the 1891 census in and around the London area - so that death could relate to any of them - as well as many other Louisa's who could have married a Walker at about that time!

Not a lot of help! ;)
                                Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                                  Just rechecking what Margaret found and there are 4 or 5 Louisa Walkers on the 1891 census in and around the London area - so that death could relate to any of them - as well as many other Louisa's who could have married a Walker at about that time!

Not a lot of help! ;)
                                  Thanks Elaine, hadn't got around to checking the census.
                                  Margaret

Comment

Hello, Yes it's me who started this research. Thanks very much for efforts so far. I have a lady friend who is the grandaughter of this Matthew Walker from his 2nd marriage, & we are off to see the war grave of her step uncle in August. All she said to me was that she'd like to know a bit more of his background. I only started on Monday.

Regards John

Comment

Hiya John...welcome to FTF......been on the site you use and it`s very good for Herefordshire research...thanks for the tip......allan;)

Comment

Working...
                                      X