making buttons etc larger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making buttons etc larger

is there a way to make the 'buttons' on the top of my browser bigger, and the menus?

It is easy to make text on the webpages bigger by ctrl+scroll up or down but the file, edit, view, tools etc menus are miniscule.

Also, when I hover over a thread it gives the first few lines of the first post - that also is miniscule (on my 19 inch monitor!).

Any help welcome
    Rose

To increase most text web pages or otherwise hold Control down (do not let go) and press the plus & = button. Each time you tap it the size increases. To reduce the same idea but use the - button next to it. On my pc it does not increase the top line of icons but worth a try.
    When you say the text is small on a 19" screen it should be at least point size 10. I wonder if you open word and format and set the text size - try size 11 as the default size if that would help even with your web pages.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thank you Margaret. I think OH has done something that has made it a little bit better. He has made the icons on the desktop bigger and that seems to have helped on the browser buttons too.

Rose

Comment

Rosie, I think its the screen resolution that needs to be changed.
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Right Click on an empty space next to the Toolbar Buttons and select Customise. There is an option at the bottom to select Icon size. This works for both IE and Firefox.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy, I didn't know that.
            Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

how would I change screen resolution Lynne?

I didn't know about that Wendy, have done it and the only option for icons is 'use small icons' so OH has clearly 'tweaked' something already
              Rose

Comment

Sorted!!

Was too scared to change screen resolution (bigger smaller ) so left that alone, but today I change the dpi to 'large' and all is much clearer!!

woopie
                Rose

Comment

Working...
                X