Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional IGI help

Hi Folks
    For those that use the IGI this additional part/site can really be helpfull.
    Works for me
    Tony

IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America

It's what's referred to as the "Hugh Wallis Site". It's very useful but it hasn't been updated since 2002 so there are quite a lot of references missing.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi Uncle John
      Many thanks for getting back and updating me with the addidional information reguarding the latest up date of the site being 2002, I didn't realise that.

What a shame it hasn't been updated as I really have found on many occations just what I am looking...seems so easy to use as well.
      Many thanks.
      Tony....Pedler Palmer

Comment

It is a shame yes that it hasnt been updated, but from what I can gather Hugh himself cannot access it TO update it.

however, I always find it useful to use both HW site and LDS cross referencing information (and of course checking ANY submitted info with the original record)

as always, it is a useful finding aid, and wherever possible original records should be consulted to confirm/deny information.

Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Dark.
          Interesting what you have mentioned. I dont know the history of the site nor about Hugh that you say set it up in the first place but it seems such a shame

I wonder why he cant update the site any more, is it being stopped by the good folks at the IGI, has anyone asked?

It would be so handy to have it updated again if possible.

Well at least its stopped raining at last..

Tony

Comment

Tony

No, it isn't the LDS who are stopping Hugh Wallis amending the site, it is some kind of gremlin in the works I think. It is his site, not the LDS.

Incidentally, it is always worth checking both Hugh Wallis AND the LDS site when you are looking for something. The LDS rotate records and sometimes you find nothing on the LDS site. If you then access LDS through Hugh Wallis, you often find the "missing" records, as it appears that the LDS and Hugh Wallis use different servers.

OC

Comment

Hi OC
              Again thanks for the information.

Well if that guy can get into the American Millitry computer systems I bet there is a 12 year old somewhere that could sort Hughs site out for him.... lol

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tglyn View Post
                Hi Dark.
                Interesting what you have mentioned. I dont know the history of the site nor about Hugh that you say set it up in the first place but it seems such a shame

I wonder why he cant update the site any more, is it being stopped by the good folks at the IGI, has anyone asked?

It would be so handy to have it updated again if possible.

Well at least its stopped raining at last..

Tony
                Hi Tony

from what I can gather, Hugh sold on the rights to another company.... and he doesnt have the ability to update his original site anymore.
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                X