Grainey/ Devon look-up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grainey/ Devon look-up please

Can someone please help me find the maiden name of Robert Grainey's wife, her forename is Johanna, she was born in Bradwood Devon c1788, I have no idea when they married, it may be on record if the children were christened.....Children as far as I know- Robert c1821, Mary Ann c1826 Plymouth, William Henry c1829 Plymouth, John c1831 Plymouth... On the death cert of son William Henry Grainey in NZ it appears to start with a D but could be completely out as the rest is illegible...
    Re Robert Grainey c1791 Devon/Shipwright, lived in Plymouth, Charles, is the only info I have..
    Many thanks
    Olga

Try the Devon Family History Society click on surnames then enter surname you are researching. You can order these and they will be emailed to you minimum cost £3.

Comment

Thank you dahaniuk... I've ordered CD's & other records for Devon but they seem to be lost in the post!! I just hoped that some kind soul would pr-empt the eventual arrival...
      Olga

Comment

From FreeBMD
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Deaths Sep 1874 (>99%)
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grainey Johanna 89 Plymouth 5b 168

Comment

Thank you southwick, spot on...I have all post 1841 info on Johanna, it's her maiden name I'd like to find....Sorry my fault, didnt make myself clear on the initial posting... Thank you for taking the time...much appreciated
          Last edited by olga_b; 29-07-09, 22:51.
          Olga

Comment

If the above is true birth should be around 1785 and I cant see a Bradwood?

Comment

Ancestry
              Name Johannah Grainey
              Age 63
              Est birth yr 1788
              Relation Head
              Where born Bradwood devon
              Civil Parish Plymouth Charles
              Olga

Comment

1861 it says Bradwood Wedger
                Olga

Comment

From Genuki do you think Broadwood Widger could be it?

GENUKI/Devon: Devon Online Parish clerks and One Place Studies Project

Comment

Originally posted by olga_b View Post
                    Can someone please help me find the maiden name of Robert Grainey's wife, her forename is Johanna, she was born in Bradwood Devon c1788, I have no idea when they married, it may be on record if the children were christened.....Children as far as I know- Robert c1821, Mary Ann c1826 Plymouth, William Henry c1829 Plymouth, John c1831 Plymouth... On the death cert of son William Henry Grainey in NZ it appears to start with a D but could be completely out as the rest is illegible...
                    Re Robert Grainey c1791 Devon/Shipwright, lived in Plymouth, Charles, is the only info I have..
                    Many thanks
                    you could try contacting the OPC for Broadwoodwidger.

The Online Parish Clerk for this parish is Rita Rainbird, who invites queries and lookup requests. (Resources: Baptisms 1698-1845; Marriages 1698-1836; Burials 1698-1874.)

If you click on the blue name it should open up an email client.
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                    X