Incoming passenger look up if poss please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming passenger look up if poss please

Hi i have my ancestor going out to Canada but coulod someone possibly look at the incoming passenger list(think on ancestry but i only have fmp) from Canada from 1912 - possibly end ofww1. We are not sure if he joined the canandian forces or came back to england to fight in ww1. His name is William Buckland (he does have middle initial which he rarely uses G T) he was born 1884 Charlton Kings.

Thank you for any help(i have all info until he left for Canada 1912 and we no he can back to England but not sure if after ww1 or not)

CherryToo
    Last edited by Cherry Too; 29-07-09, 17:35. Reason: sorry put wrong middle initial

There is a William GT Buckland in the medal cards - Worcester Regiment/ Somersetshire light Infantry/ Royal Engineers.
    Also 3 regimental numbers.
    Is this your man?
    Last edited by herky; 29-07-09, 18:17.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Hi could be, all an old rellie of my dads could remember was that he went to Canada 1912 was in ww1 then came back possibly to England and lived in stroud. He was a chauffeur/car driver owned a garage eventually. Where did you get the info about a medal card.

thanks for help

CherryToo

Comment

Hi,
        The info is from ancestry.
        There is also an incoming passenger list - William Buckland b c 1882, from Montreal to Liverpool arriving in 1913.
        I will mail you with more.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thank you so much have emailed you.

CherryToo

Comment

Thank you Herky as you found him coming back in 1916 (confirmed by address given in England)

Thanks again

CherryToo

Comment

Working...
            X