Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven more places with free access to 1911 census soon

Free access to 1911 census across England and Wales | The National Archives

The National Archives, in collaboration with UK-based family history website findmypast.com, is providing seven archives and libraries around England and Wales with free access to the recently completed online records of the 1911 census.
    Joy

Manchester
    PAT

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Hope View Post
      Manchester
      Are you volunteering then? :D
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

The archives are already crowded every day. They will be queueing outside as there are only 2 computers. There may be more at GMRO
        PAT

Comment

Nottingham

Great, hope they let the regulars have first refusal as it will be really busy!!
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

that's nice, but I don't mind actually PAYING if only they would put it in my Ancestry subs!
            Rose

Comment

This is as well as free access at Kew.
              Joy

Comment

Rosie Knees--absolutly agree with you re Ancestry subs (they charge us enough anyhow-so a few quid more for 1911....)

Comment

Tyne Wear Archives - must call and get my ticket! If I have time and access, I would be willing to help - but I must register first.

Anne

Comment

I have phoned Tyne Wear Archives to find out if it is available yet. The reply is that is will happen in the next couple of weeks. BUT THERE IS A LIMIT TO THE CREDITS which will be given to the Archives, and is likely to be a great deal less than the demand expected by the Archives themselves, It is likely to be a 'come first served sevice', and when the credits are finished, so is the 'free ' service. It is not like Ancestry where all the records are available.

It might be worth checking with the other centres to see if the same system will apply.

Anne

Comment

Working...
                    X