USA census on ancestry worldwide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA census on ancestry worldwide

does anyone know if the 1855 USA census is on A worldwide? I have found little bits of info on't net but it seems very limited (Wayne co. NY in particular).

thanks
    Rose

1850 United States Federal Census
    and
    1860 United States Federal Census

.. but nothing for 1855!
    Elaine

Comment

thanks for looking Elaine. They emigrated in 1851 and were back by 1856 :(
      Rose

Comment

Not very considerate of them! ;)

Might be worth keeping an eye on the Family Search website - they seem to be adding quite a few State censuses - but as yet nothing for Wayne 1855.
        FamilySearch Record Search
        Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine, will do.
          Rose

Comment

There are odd census for some states. I found one for Albany New York State1875 whilst in Albany. Found it in the library at Albany, though did not see it on Ancestry.

Janet

Comment

thanks Janet. A trip to NY state is out of the question, lol, but I have been thinking about seeing if I can get someone in the local historical society to have a look in their records/library. I did have a good diaglogue with someone but she became very ill and then when I looked at the site again they had started charging!

From what I have seen of the censuses which ARE on line, the list of questions seems to have been very comprehensive.
              Rose

Comment

Working...
              X