Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is this young lad ?? 1871 Census

Hello folks,

on the 1871 census..RG10/3141/55/13...Living with my GtGt's, George & Mary Ann MINCHIN there is a 16 year old who is said to be a NEPHEW, but I cannot find the connection to my Minchins. On Ancestry his name is said to be EDWARD BOLKE, 16, WIRE BOY, b B'ham...but on FMP his name is given as EDWARD BOLTER....I am really keen now to get to the bottom of this mystery once & for all. Any help & advice will be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Skylark.
    Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

I can only think that it would be worth trying to spot him on some other censuses, to see if you can find more about him.

From the way the page is set out, I'd suspect that he was b in B'ham, even tho' it doesn't actually say so on his row.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I suspect that he is this chap
      EDWARD EMMANUEL BOULTER bap 01 Apr 1866 parents Emmanuel & Susannah
      batch P015981

with his parents 1881 RG11/3091/38 p 10

His mother Susannah was born Nailsworth, Glos, same county as your Mr Minchin.
      Last edited by Little Nell; 28-07-09, 01:30.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Marriage Q3 1850 Stroud Gloucestershire
        Emanuel Boulter
        Susanna Swaine
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

didn't think of looking for boulter, well done Judith, but not sure this helps link Susanna to the Minchins!!!
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Great ! Thank you for this info.....I will be on the lookout now for this family. But the SWAIN name is new to me at this moment.

Many Thanks,
            Margaret.
            Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Comment

Woe is me ! .....the age of Edward Boulter is out by 10 years sadly..he is with his parents on the 1871 aged 5 ( The Edward I am looking for is 15 on the 1871 )....Back to the drawing board for me sadly...

Margaret :(

Comment

Working...
              X