Help with William Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with William Head

Can anyone please help? I am stuck on William Head. According to 'Family Search' he was christened in in Ticehurst, Sussex, 1818 with parents Jesse Head and Sarah. On his marriage certificate, second marriage in 1858, he is said to be 35, his father is Jesse Head, a farmer.
    Easy, you would say, just check the census returns. The only Jesse Head I can find in Sussex was married to Lucy, whom he married in 1816.
    I cannot get to the Parish Register as I don't live in the UK. I have searched all the 1841 census, only one Jesse Head with a wife Sarah, they live in Wiltshire.
    It is always possible that Jesse had died before 1841, but I can find no Sarah that matches either. It is also possible that the 'Family Search' record has the wrong mother's name, but I hope someone can give me some help.

Glyn

Hello and welcome
    you may get some help on Sussex Online Parish Clerks (OPC) home page

Sussex - Family Tree Forum
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

there is a Jesse Head c 1796 Battle & Ticehurst 1841 census
      Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

There is a submitted marriage for Jesse Head and Sarah Yeats, 11 Apr 1814 Milton Libourne Wilts.

Could that be them?

Also William is the only child born to them in Ticehurst.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I don't think that is your family as they had children bap in Milton Libourne in 1817 and 1820 unless they popped over to Sussex and had one born there in 1818!!

Its all on ancestry so have a look and they are on the 1841 and 1851 census. I haven't looked past there.
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Many thanks for the replies. I had found Jesse Head in 1841, he is the one married to Lucy(Sweatman). Their first child I can find is Jesse born in 1822. I had seen the family in Wiltshire and discarded it for the same reason you said Lin. Will look at the two Sussex sites.

Glyn

Comment

Working...
            X