Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way of finding an address on 1841 and 1851?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way of finding an address on 1841 and 1851?

I badly need to know who was living at an address in 1841 and 1851
    Looks like 6 Storer Street Mile End
    Any ideas thanks

I've looked in 1841 but the house numbers aren't listed. What name are you looking for? They might go in order i.e. the sixth one is number 6!

Where I look 1851 isn't completed for place names especially Middlesex/London.

Comment

thanks Maggie so frustrating .

Comment

Val

why don't you tell us the significance of the address and we might be able to think of alternatives.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I have been looking for more info on my Great Great Grandmother who's birth I have not been able to find ,I have her on all census records from after she got married in 1857 but would love to find her in 1841 and 1851 she was born abt 1839 in Whitechapel I think to an unmarried mother???
          Mother Im sure was Lydia Lazarus and Father Coleman Joel but they never married .
          She Susan/Esther was living according to her marriage cert in 1860 at 6 Storer Street Mile End aged 21
          Trouble is she is either Esther or Susan on the Census records her death cert in November 1914 says Susannah Rose aged 72 which would make her born in 1842 ??
          I am afraid she married one of my darling Guttantags UGH.
          Any ideas ?? I would be very grateful.

Comment

Hi Val

By searching UK Census Online site for 'Storer Street' and limiting the search to London I managed to find an Emma Lazarus (1832) and a Michael Lazarus (1811) living in a Storer Street in 1851, but no Esther's or Susannah's. That's such an unusual surname - are they related to your line? There was one Lydia living in the street; a Lydia Reeve born 1801. It didn't seem to like the search for the street name in the 1841 census unfortunately, but I did manage to find a Susannah Lazarus aged 3 born 1838 living in the same household as a David Lazarus and Rachael Lazarus in Tenter Street, Tower Hamlets. I did manage to find a Susan Lazarus aged 12 born 1839 living in London in 1851 on that site, but as I'm not signed up to it I can't see the full entry details, and I can't find her on Ancestry or GR...

Kate xx

Comment

HI

There is in the 1841 a Lidia Lazarus age 21 living at home on court Street Whitechapel with her mum Esther 60 and siblings Eliza 26, Julia 23 and Sarah 19 all shown as born in County could this be the mum
              Last edited by WendyP; 26-07-09, 19:42. Reason: forgot to add age for Lidia
              WendyP

Comment

HI

Just to point out that the famliy of Daniel and Racheal who have a daughter names Susan is not your connection as in the 1861 the three of them are still together as a unit.
                WendyP

Comment

ooh I am impressed thanks so much for your help going to look into those Kate thanks ,
                  Wendy that Lidia which should be Lydia is I am sure Esther/Susans Mother she is their next door neighbour in 1861 and from 1871 is living with Esther/Susan and her family

Comment

Hi

the Lidia I found in the 1841 shown with her mum is in the 1851 census with her dad Israel Lazarus age 63 bn City of London at the same address of Court Street Whitechapel.

Did a backtrack and found Israel also with the famliy in that 1841 census
                    WendyP

Comment

Working...
                    X