Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had to order a Death Cert GRO costs £8.50 why ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to order a Death Cert GRO costs £8.50 why ??

I feel a bit miffed actually as I wanted a Death cert for a child aged 9 died within 50 years ago, so as the site wanted a actual Date not just the year and I did know it ,had to order by phone it costs £8.50 but what is really miffing me is why ?? She never asked any relevant questions like why did I want it ? so the security issue was not a problem is this just a way of making more money ??
    I even had to wait as long for it as the others I ordered online.

It's only with online orders you pay £7, if you rder by any other method it costs more.

Local registrars usually charge the same whether you apply in person, by post, by phone or online (not all offer every option). A few charge a credit card surcharge or perhaps the postage but it's never a huge amount extra.

You could have tried via the local registrar and given the year, they wouldn't need the exact date, just the year and name plus anything else that might help identify the event.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

thanks Glen for responding I have orderered my others online but this would not let me without knowing the day not just the year ,wish I had rung the local office now.

Comment

Working...
      X