Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A mystery to be solved...

Hi all,

As some of you may know I've hit a wall hard with my great great great grandfather so i've expanded to trace forward tangents of the family to locate long lost relatives or just more info...

But i've hit on a problem... My great great aunt Jane Elizabeth Hitchinson - born approx 1839... she was married in March 1864 in Kensington (vol 1a/page 5) I've worked out that there are four people on that page... two women two men - im assuming this means these are two couples that got married?

If so is there any way to determine which of the men she married? I've been doing some census hunting - but hunting down those with the surname price is a tad difficult... I might just be being blind... :-/

If its any help there seems to be a Sarah Sinclair in 1871 with a husband James living in Marylebone with kids from the age of 6. About right for a 1864 marriage.

Just off to check PRICE

Anne
    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 24-07-09, 22:04.

Comment

Ah - there seems to be a Jane Price in 1871 with husband John T Price, living in Islington with children from the age of 5. Again about right for the 1864 marriage.

Without knowing anything else its just guesswork and you really need to buy the certificate to be sure. You don't need both names to buy it - just one will do.

Anne

Comment

So I think I've figured out she married a John Thomas Price... :-/

Comment

Thanks for your help - sometimes I find just writing all this info out on a page helps my brain not get so frazzled!!!

Comment

Well, as you say they were quite common names, specially Price. There are quite a lot of Jane Prices of about the right age but not so many living in London and also married to John T Price. You still can't be sure without any other supporting evidence.

Anne

Comment

Working...
            X