Red cross top left of pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red cross top left of pictures

When I go onto a web site the pictures/photo's I want to look at all have a red cross top left any help/advise much appreciated I will look in Saturday morning thanks in advance.

Bella

Bella, I get a number of these in my email as well as trying to save a web page. I don't know the answer but presume it could be one of two things. !). The picture does not have a supporting programme. 2). The picture or web page is protected.

I too will watch this space.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Have you had a look in the Help and Support the are 15 articles on the subject.

Comment

Hello Jame's not sure which help and support you mean.

Bella

Comment

Go Into Tools
          Internet Options
          click on Advanced
          Have a look at Multimedia
          and see if the Show Picture box is checked.
          if not check it

Comment

Yes Colin it is ticked I will keep looking in thanks.

Bella

Comment

My son says that the red cross means the picture is no longer available on the website. Either it can't be found or the link is wrong. Nothing you can do about it.
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Oh well thanks a lot for all your help I thought I had seen something in the past about the red crosses and you could do something to get the pictures up .

Bella

Comment

Another thought could it have anything to do with my AVG ?

Bella

Comment

sometimes if you left click on the red cross it will give you a link/url address, if you copy and paste this (using your mouse) then you can see the picture..
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Help and support is usualkly on the first screen from Start button

Comment

Tried all sugestions and am still looking any thing I go on with pictures they have the red cross cannot understand why.

Bella

Comment

I have just typed (x in email ) into google and a lot of options to look through. I will have to it later. Remove the ( ) lets hope we find an answer and post it on site.
                          Margaret N
                          DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thank you as I am still looking I just know there is some way but cannot remember how I will also Google Google Google.

Bella

Comment

Just thought I have Google'd but couldent find any thing but will have another go .

Bella

Comment

Don't know if this will be of any help -

This behavior can occur if one of the following conditions is true:
                                The Web page includes an image type that is not supported by Internet Explorer.
                                The Show Pictures check box is not selected on the Advanced tab of the Internet Options dialog box in Internet Explorer, or the Toggle Images.exe Web accessory was used to disable images in Internet Explorer.
                                The image is displayed based on a script, an ActiveX control, a cookie, a Java program, or HTTP referral information, and your computer or network is configured to block one or more of these features. For example, you may have Internet Explorer or Symantec Corporation Norton Internet Security (NIS) or Norton Personal Firewall (NPF) 2002 configured to block one or more of these features.
                                Internet Explorer cannot determine the character set (also known as the code page or encoding) that is used by the Web page, or a file or registry key that is required to display the Web page that has the appropriate character set may be missing or damaged. By default, Internet Explorer uses the character set that is specified in the HTTP content type that is returned by the server, the character set that is specified by the meta element in the Web page document, or your Encoding preference if no HTTP content type is returned by the server and no meta element is specified in the Web page document.

(It comes from Microsoft - Pictures are not displayed on Web sites in Internet Explorer )
                                There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Oh my goodness my heads in a termoil, I feel it has something to do with ( maybe ) my AVG just a thought wish I could remember I read something two or three years back about these red crosses I will still keep looking thanks every one .

Bella

Comment

Red X and no photo.

Originally posted by granabella View Post
                                    Another thought could it have anything to do with my AVG ?

Bella
                                    Hello Bella,

Right click on the square with the reg X in it, and a drop down small screen will appear. Click on "Open With" select your photo program, ie Paint shop Pro, or the one you use.

AVG should not cause any trouble.

With greatest respect Give details of which o/s ie XP etc when enquiring about a problem like this. Thanks x x x

Kind Regards
                                    Take Care
                                    Raphael
                                    UK & Düssedorf D.

Comment

I have Vista and XP is that what you mean? I will try what you the above thanks keeping my fingers crossed.

Bella

Comment

I have tried what you suggested on the drop down menu I have
                                        Link
                                        Link in new tab
                                        Link in new window
                                        I tried the Link
                                        Got a picture up but there are many more with crosses so I will have to do it all one at a time it will take forever the whole page should come up with all the pictures there to see thanks.

Bella

Comment

Working...
                                        X