Scotlands people help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotlands people help needed

I have found a parish record on SP that I want to print off but for some strange reason, I am just getting a black page. I thought it might be a problem with the printer, so tried to save it instead, but I can only save as a tiff file & I don't know what that is. Help please.

I have saved/printed SP PR's before but can't remeber how.

Thanks
    Lynn

I am not good with computer stuff but I have no problems with Scotland people.
    My only suggestion is that you go to the "my details" section at the top of the page and try another way of downloading images. I use the "direct download" method.
    Perhaps someone who is more computer literate can be of more help.
    good luck.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I use direct download as well, Lynn. There's a print icon on it - simples!
      Try looking at one of your other images to see if it prints okay. If so, it's a fault with the particular image and an email to SP will usually get you an enhanced image.

Comment

Yes, Woody - SP are very good at replying to problems and will usually reply within 24 hours (perhaps not as this is the weekend!). They normally will send a better image if you download a poor one and contact them so I am sure they will sort out your problem if the image is completely missing.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Hi Lynn,

If you have downloaded and saved the file with the .tiff extension you should be able to open it in “PAINT.” You can print it from paint but be sure you go to the page Setup and set it to landscape and under scaling Fit 1 by 1.

Or when in “PAINT” you can do a save as jpeg and then you should then be able to print from any program.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
          Malcolm

Comment

Thank you everyone, I am so glad that I asked the question. I changed to direct download, saved it & then printed from my pictures & it has come out fine.
            Thanks again
            Lynn

Comment

Working...
            X