• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image wanted of The Parish Church Winchmore Hill

been googling and so far found nothing any tips thanks

Where is it?

Comment

not really sure James thanks just says in The Parish Church in The Parish of Winchmore Hill Middlesex

Comment

Think it might be this one (its part of Edmonton)

Image:St Paul Winchmore Hill.jpg - Family Tree Forum

It's also where I was christened

I've just tweaked the London/Middx palces of worship index so Winchmore Hill appears
        Last edited by Jill on the A272; 24-07-09, 14:55.

Comment

thanks a lot Jill I never thought to look in the WIKI as I always get lost ?? and I did not realise it was Edmonton way that explains a lot thanks.

Comment

The old Registration District of Edmonton stretched in a figure of 8 shape covering from Cheshunt in the north Enfield, Edmonton,Tottenham, Wood Green, Winchmore, Enfield, Hornsey, Southgate to Hampstead in the south.

Comment

thanks James was going to email you today to say dont worry about the Bus trip thanks again very nice of you.

Comment

It is no problem it is only about 4-5 miles away, was there anything in the graveyard you was looking for?

Comment

have pmd you thanks a lot James

Comment

There was also ST Peter's Church in Grange Park, also part of Winchmore Hill. I spent my childhood in Winchmore Hill and St Peter's was our family church, although I am not sure if it was the Parish Church for the whole of the area.
                    Jo

Comment

oh was there Jo I had assumed St Pauls was the one ?? this was in 1895 ?

Comment

St Peters dates from 1927, St Paul was built much earlier more, about it here

History of St Paul's Winchmore Hill

Comment

oh brilliant Jill then St Pauls is the right one .

Comment

St Pauls was much older - I used to walk past it on my way to school, over 50 years ago.
                            Jo

Comment

Website

Hi

There is a website called Geograph - Search Results, matching 'winchmore hill london' :: Geograph British Isles - photograph every grid square!

which aims to photograph every gridsquare in Britain using donated photographs. There are quite a lot on there of St Pauls Church Winchmore Hill.
                              Using the search boxes I just typed in Winchmore Hill London and they came up on the first page.

Comment

Website

Sorry, I copied the info in the box at the top and it didn't come out the same - its Geograph.org.uk

Comment

dont know how you found that ?? but thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by greybird View Post
                                    Sorry, I copied the info in the box at the top and it didn't come out the same - its Geograph.org.uk

greybird,

the link you have given is ok, its just that our forum translates the web address, you can still click on the link though and it should still take you to the website
                                    Julie
                                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

That geograph site is amazing, thanks for that link
                                      Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

It's interesting to see the photos inside, it was locked on the day I visited. I don't remember anything about it as I was only 4 when we left the area.

I went back last year for a look & took photos as well of The Green where we lived, the ironmongers we lived over is now an Italian restaurant - hope they've got rid of the strong smell of paraffin that haunted the place!

Comment

Working...
                                        X