X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with screen resolution please

HEEEEELP!!!!!!!!! :D

Having recently bought a new computer, we decided to give the old one to my s-i-l.

OH has wiped the hard drive (with the proviso that we have the PC back if ever she decides to replace it, just in case someone can hack into the trace left behind) BUT now the screen resolution is such that text is HUGE! We've both tried unsuccessfully to change it but it doesn't want to play. The facility for just pushing a slider across on the 'Change Screen Resolution' page doesn't work and going to 'Advanced' will let you select a different resolution and apply it but it changes nothing! (even on reboot)

Any ideas?????

Would some kind soul please delete this from the Computer Dumbos thread on General? Stuck it in the wrong place originally [I have done that for you. Caroline ]
    Last edited by Caroline; 24-07-09, 06:11.
    Mags passed away on 8 January 2017.

Oh Mags carnt help but hope you get sorted I always do these things through the help part on start ;;;but read whay you have put about slider ;;;you are doing apply after you set it arnt you ??
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by borobabs View Post
      Oh Mags carnt help but hope you get sorted I always do these things through the help part on start ;;;but read whay you have put about slider ;;;you are doing apply after you set it arnt you ??
      Thanks, Babs, we are but it's no use This doing someone a favour lark is turning out to be more trouble than it's worth :D

Comment

Did you reformat the old computer before giving it to your SIL? In that case, you would need to reinstall everything, including drivers.
        Updating/installing the graphics card driver or monitor driver might solve you resolution problem.
        Sarah

Comment

Like Cloggie says, you have formtted the hard drive, therefore everything has been deleted including all the drivers that pertain to your system. When you re-installed the operating system some of the drivers would have been detected and installed automatically but not necessarily all off them.

1. What operating system did you re-install, XP or Vista.

2. Have you got the system CD that came with the computer when new that contains all the drivers for the motherboard.

3. Have you checked in Device Manager to see if there are any obvious problems with your hardware.
          Best Wishes
          Ron
          www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Thank you, everyone.

OH had installed the drivers but they needed to be accessed, if that's the right term. Whatever, all 'mended' now

Comment

Working...
            X