restore to factory settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restore to factory settings

Having trouble finding where to reset the lappy to factory settings. I'm sure we've done it before but blowed if I can find it.

Please could someone point me in the right direction?

It's a packard bell notebook 4 (i think) if that helps.

Thanks
    Rose

I know when I restored one of my laptops to factory settings I needed the system discs which came with the computer. I was doing a complete reformat of the whole machine - so there was nothing left on it once it had been done - is that what you want to do?
    Elaine

Comment

yes that's how we did our old desktop pooter Nell, the lappy hasn't got any discs.
      Rose

Comment

Using XP if you hold down the CTRL key during boot up and press the F11 key, if you get it right the instructions will be displayed
        Last edited by Genealogy Printers; 23-07-09, 13:54.
        Best Wishes
        Ron
        www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Thanks Ron, we've tried but obviously not getting it at the right time. Could you be a bit more specific please? Do we do it immediately we switch the machine on, or when Packard Bell comes up, or later?

Thanks
          Rose

Comment

I think he means hold the ctrl key down as soon as you start to boot up and keep it down then press the F11 key I hope

Comment

Hold down the CTRL key as soon as you turn on when you get a screen where you can actually see something start tapping the F11 key and keep on tapping until the options come up.
              Best Wishes
              Ron

Comment

If you can't get the CTRL - F11 to work try this.

Restart and when u see the first start up screen loading keep pressing F10 until the restore version pops up! Then Follow the on screen instructions.

There are different options for restoring, depends on the model
                Best Wishes
                Ron

Comment

Thanks Ron. We tried the ctrl F11 and a list appeared fleetingly and disappeared :(

None of the other options did anything. Lappy SEEMS to be behaving a little bit better at the mo, but the best news is

WE ARE HAVING A NEW POOTER!!! So have stopped trying to do factory settings.

Thanks for your help anyway.
                  Rose

Comment

Working...
                  X