Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Laurence Church, Measham, Derbyshire / Leicestershire

Hello everyone,

I have recently found that a few members of my "German" family were buried in St Laurence churchyard Measham.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone was able to look for graves and get photos for me.

Would also love a photo of Measham Lodge as this is where the family lived at one point.

Thanks for looking,

Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Photo Request

Greeting's Again....Tom Tom.....

Try this link for your Church Picture :~

Leicestershire Villages - Measham - St Laurence Parish Church, Measham

Also on the same site pictures of stain glass windows within the Church
    MIKE.
    Last edited by Mike the Leicester Lad.; 22-07-09, 23:11.

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I was ideally looking for someone who could go and get photos of the graves for me, but there are some good photos on there of the windows.

:D

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

You've put Derbys/Leic in your title, take it it's on the border. If you look in the wiki jojo is offering to do cemetery look ups in Leics, so you might come within her area.
        Mavis
        Dust is a noun, never a verb;)

Comment

Hi Tom.
          Checking out your request woudn't be a problem if there were graves there, it seems the graveyard was cleared of all the stones some many years ago, what a shame as I only live 10mins away and would have popped up there with my cam.
          If you go into Google maps and track it down you will see just lawns now, check this link out
          measham parish church - Google Maps

So I guess that might be it, does any authority hold any grave records though. I noticed a council office along the high street the other day which I believe might have been in the past a museum, I will check it out next time I am passing.
          Do you have any more info that might help...dates or names.

Take care
          Tony

Comment

Have a look at geograph.org.uk

Comment

Working...
            X