Lancashire Records Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancashire Records Office

I'm hopefully going tomorrow for the first time.

Don't know how I'll get on or how much spare time I might have.

Bu might be able to do a simple lookup.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Hi JBee, that is a kind offer!

I have just one request, please:

On the IGI there is the christening of my great-great-great-grandmother

MARY PORRITT
    14 June 1818
    Church Kirk Lancashire

Parents: Samuel Porritt and Esther

By the way - the IGI just give the parish as "Church". It's near Foxhill Bank.

Could you please look it up for me, and if at all possible could you get me a photocopy of the entry? I'd reimburse you for the cost and postage etc.

If you don't have time or it's not possible, it doesn't matter.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 20-07-09, 11:34.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I don't know what facilities there are for copying - but will do my best.

Wish my rellies was as simple as that -

anyway if anyone else wants me to do a lookup

I will make a list and do them as time allows. - won't be able to report back until Friday.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
        I don't know what facilities there are for copying - but will do my best.

Wish my rellies was as simple as that -

anyway if anyone else wants me to do a lookup

I will make a list and do them as time allows. - won't be able to report back until Friday.
        Thanks, JBee - If it's difficult to get a print-out for me I can contact the RO and get them to post it to me. I've done that before.

By the way, she hasn't been very easy. I'm pretty sure it's her, but her dad remarried and I haven't been able to find any trace of him or his new family except for one of them turning up in the USA.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Fingers crossed that the copier works then.

Comment

Hi JBee,

Thanks for the offer.

One of my direct ancestors Martha Chadwick was born in Padiham c1829 (source census returns). I do not have a Christening record for her. Her Parents were Grace Glover and John Chadwick.

Many thanks, Sandra

Comment

Thankyou Jbee
              Would like to know if they cover Farnworth as I plan to go myself in the near future. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Parish records for some Farnworth (near Bolton) churches are held at Manchester Local Archives
                Manchester City Council - Eccles to Fylde
                PAT

Comment

Thankyou Pat
                  I think that is where i will need to be having just looked at your link.

Comment

Was successful with Margaret's Pollitts - in fact twins!!

but sorry Sandra could find no trace of Martha Chadwick in Padiham. Tried St Leonards, St Mary & All Saints, the Wesleyan and Unitarian OPR's. In fact didn't find any Chadwicks there at all. It was suggested that she might have been christened over the border in another Parish but which one?

Comment

Padiham records for 1573-1653 are here if it is any use to anyone Lancashire Parish Register Society : [publications]

Internet Archive Search: parish register I also found these for Lancashire on this site click on the parish and then at the site click read on line
                      Lancashire PRs
                      Vol 16 Padiham
                      Vol23 Upholland
                      Vol17 Colne
                      Vol30 Adlingham in Furness
                      no number Newchurch Culcheth
                      Vol32 Lancaster
                      No number Cartmel
                      no number Croston
                      no number Bury
                      Vol 18 Middleton
                      no number Wigan
                      no number Croston 1538-1727
                      no number St Cuthberts Adlingham

Many more but too numerous to memntion all above on page 1

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
                        Was successful with Margaret's Pollitts - in fact twins!!

but sorry Sandra could find no trace of Martha Chadwick in Padiham. Tried St Leonards, St Mary & All Saints, the Wesleyan and Unitarian OPR's. In fact didn't find any Chadwicks there at all. It was suggested that she might have been christened over the border in another Parish but which one?
                        Many thanks, Julie. Sorry you didn't have a better day for your personal research.
                        Elizabeth
                        Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
                        X