Can anyone help me find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me find

out what happened to Frank Norman b c1862 Oadby, Leics and his wife Annie Bresland b c1859 b Ireland. Frank's father is Elisha Norman, Annies father James Bresland.

They married in 1891 at St Andrews Church, Ashton on Ribble and appear in the 1891 census with a supposed daughter Margaret A Norman? born 1885 at Lewes Broughton, Preston, Lancs.
    RG12; Piece: 3447; Folio 187; Page 79; GSU roll: 6098557.

I have a strong feeling that Annie Norman appears on the 1901 census in Burnley as married to James Andrews with baby son but need to find out whether this is just a coincidence and what happened to Frank and his family. Did he die or did they emigrate as I can't seem to find any trace in 1901. RG13; Piece: 3861; Folio: 120; Page: 13.

Any help really appreciated - if it is my missing Annie Norman a great big chunk of brick wall will have come down.!! lol
    Last edited by JBee; 20-07-09, 10:05.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Can you give the possible 1901 reference as well please?
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine - I can't find Frank, Annie or Margaret in 1901 -

only Annie Andrews nee Norman who's supposedly the wife of James Andrews in Burnley. RG13; Piece: 3861; Folio: 120; Page: 13.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Sorry - it was the possible Annie Andrews one I wanted - didn't make it clear.
        Will have a look!
        Elaine

Comment

Not having much luck with this at the moment.
          Unless I'm missing something, I can't see why you think the Anne Andrews in 1901 is formerly Annie Norman.
          Elaine

Comment

Sorry Elaine

On her son James Norman Andrews birth certificate in 1901 it gives mother's name as Annie Andrews formerly Norman and she's aged 42 in the census. Cannot find an unmarried Annie Norman in b c1859 Ireland in 1891 Census nor a marriage to James Andrews either

In 1911 census she says she comes from Co Fermanagh but can't find the Norman surname there but there are Breslin sic Bresland families.

Comment

Am with you now!

On the 1911 census does it say how long she has been married?
              Elaine

Comment

16 years?!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry JBee - meant to say that I couldnĀ“t find anything.
                  Elaine

Comment

Thanks for looking Elaine.

Just wish I could find out about Frank to discount or otherwise this Annie - oh well.

Am going to the Lancs records office tomorrow and will see if I can find anything.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                    X