No announcement yet.

Probate Calendar lookup request please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate Calendar lookup request please!

Hi,

Having drawn a few more blanks and unveiling even more questions, I'd very much appreciate if anyone is able to have a look to see if Catherine Martin died 5th Feb 1961, Nottingham, appears in the probate calendar for me.

VMTIA!

queenie

maybe if you ask oakum picker or vivienne they may be able to look it up for at the ro.

Comment

I think the probate calendar available in ROs ends around 1942 - it does at Gloucester, anyway

scuda
      Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

does that mean queenie will have to apply directly to york to see i there was a will?

Comment

I think there are versions that go beyond 1942, but I'm not sure where they can be found. Hopefully someone more experienced will be along soon to put us right!

scuda
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

agreed

Comment

Thanks for the info about some copies only going to 1942.

Some more poking around online suggests that most places go up to 1942, and the "11 District Registries" should have copies covering some or all of the last 50 years. (These are Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Cardiff, Ipswich, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Oxford and Winchester).

However, I've also just found a reference to "Nottinghamshire Archives" having copies on microfiche until 1943 and then in volumes from 1944 to 1968, so hopefully this would include Catherines entry (if there is one!).
              Last edited by queenie; 20-07-09, 21:42.

Comment

Working...
              X