Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have access to any British Newspapers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have access to any British Newspapers?

hi

could someone please take a look for an inquest for me. Its for Martha Sleight held on 25th November 1874 in York. I cant imagine it will be much as death is by the visitation of god caused by disease of the heart

many thanks
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Nothing found.
    Tried phrase search for name, and surname only 1st November through to 31 December 1874.
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

thanks very much, thought it would be a long shot
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Robyne, you might get better results if you look at newspapers for the locality where she lived. The inquest of my great-great-grandfather was in the local paper in 1906.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I presume you have the death certificate as you give a cause of death.

Does it actually say on it that there was an inquest - was the informant the coroner?
          Vicky

Comment

Working...
          X