Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I find out if someone is still alive or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find out if someone is still alive or not?

Hi
    I am trying to find out whether my great grandfather is still alive, which is highly unlikely!
    But I don't know when he died or if so where, I have done lots of records searches but have come up with nothing.
    My Grandfather stopped talking to his dad when he was about ten, so I literally have no clue where he might of ended up. The only thing I know was that he was visiting a family member in Northern Ireland in the 1970's, and he wasn't very well apparently!
    His name was Edward Francis Ferrie born in Dundee on 28 March 1906.
    If anyone could help me I would be grateful.
    Thanks
    Carrie-Anne

Here's a site I've used where they are very helpful with searches Belfast Forum - belfast chat | belfast history | belfast restuarants | things to do in belfast - Belfast Forum you need to go on the genealogy board.
    Margaret

Comment

I suppose the first thing would be to rule out any of the easily accessible death indexes.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

You might have to wait until ancestry get all the deaths digitised that way you could check the whole of England and Wales up to 1983 to supplement the data from then on.
        Margaret

Comment

Working...
        X