Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVICE NEEDED not sure what to head this

Can anyone help me please

When I leave my puter for an extended length of time ie: falling asleep in front of TV or going to shops etc it goes to screen saver as it should but after a while I end up with a blue screen with my wallpaper photo in the middle around the size of the old type monitor and I can only get out of it by rebooting.........anyone got any ideas what this is and if there is another way out of it please?????????

This has only started to happen over the last month or so.

MACPANDA'S FAMILY **Please click in**

do you know what computer operating system you are using? Windows XP ? Vista? ...
    David.
    Researching: Jamieson/Glasgow, Scotland + New York. Fiddaman/Durham. Russell/Lanarkshire

My Tree

Comment

Set your screen saver to come on after 1200 minutes that's 20 hours, assuming you turn it on in the morning and leave it running all day and evening it will not kick in and therefore not be a problem
      Best Wishes
      Ron
      www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

David I am running Windows XP.

Ron I usually switch on in the morning and leave it on until I am going to bed average of 17 hours a day.......oh dear don't like counting like that...lol

I take it you think it is to do with the screen saver then?
        I use my picture files as a screen saver.
        Now all I have to do is remember where the settings are to change the time on the screen saver...lol.

Thank you both for your interest.

Comment

Can you find your power settings and set it to hibernate. That might fix it.

Comment

To alter the time when your screen saver kicks in, right click in a blank spce on your desktop, left click on Properties, click on the Screensaver tab, it's there.
            Best Wishes
            Ron
            www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Thank you Kimba and Ron

Thick as I am I was saved having to look for it Ron hehehe our son was over for the weekend and he did just as you said to do and it seems to have worked fine so far today.

Thank you all for your help and interest.

Comment

MACPANDA, where did you get the time and temperate thingy?

Comment

Hi James

United Kingdom : Weather Underground

I've got the United Kingdom for you what you need to do is scroll down and pick your local area.

When you click on your local area scroll down again until you see FREE WEATHER STICKERS for your homepage. Follow prompts from there James. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X