Did they get married?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did they get married?

Hi all, I can't see a marriage for George Wilcox to Sarah ?, I can't see George on the 1841 census either, but the 1871 on ancestry doesn't have the enumeration district for them, I don't know if it is the same for the 1841?
    If anyone can find a marriage I would be grateful!
    Tessie

Sorry, forgot to say, first child born about 1840, so married about 1838-1839 and should be oxfordshire area.

Comment

Is this George in 1841? If so the marriage may have been earlier than you thought.

George Wilcox, 25
      Sarah Wilcox, 25
      Hannah Wilcox, 6
      Ann Wilcox, 3
      George Wilcox, 1

Living in Horley, Hornton, Oxfordshire

scuda
      Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

yep! that means no marriage record then as that will be before the index starts! Can guess though that it was about 1835 and in Hornton/Banbury! Did you find them on FMP again as I couldn't see them on ancestry?
        Thanks loads again for your help!
        Tessie

Comment

Yes, I found them through fmp, but I've just checked on Ancestry and the surname is transcribed as Witcose.

scuda
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

The marriage is on IGI, from the Oxfordshire Marriage Transcripts. George Wilcox & Sarah Pollard, 1834, Hornton.

That's all it says, but it looks like them.

scuda

Comment

Didn't think of the IGI as no-one and I mean no-one on any side I have been tracing have ever shown on there!
              Thanks!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X