Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could someone help mewith my brick wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone help mewith my brick wall?

I am looking for George Webb born abt 1851 in Beckrow, Suffolk. I can't find him until the 1881 & 1891 census, in London. I also can't find his marriage to Sarah Wilson. If someone could help me I would be so grateful.

Sorry I don't know Suffolk geography and can't find Beckrow on genuki
    there is George Webb born Gt Bradley Suffolk 1871
    Piece: RG10/1712 Place: Wickhambrook -Suffolk Enumeration District: 3d
    Civil Parish: Great Bradley Ecclesiastical Parish: -
    Folio: 31 Page: 4 Schedule: 19
    Address: Matthew Lane
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Thanks Jean, I saw that one, but he's not the one I'm looking for

Comment

Beck Row, on the fringe of RAF Mildenhall

That is the best link I can see......
        Last edited by Southwick; 15-07-09, 19:26.

Comment

Have I got the correct George in 1881?...he says he's born Middlesex.

How do you know his wife's name is Sarah Wilson? Do you have one of the children's birth certs?
          ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

In the 1891 census, he says Beckrow, Suffolk. I've been very confused with this man. I was told by others his wife was Sarah Wilson

Comment

In the 1861 there are only 2 Webbs in Beck Row a Samuel and his wife Ann both aged 71. RG9/1143/135/6.

No obvious births on FreeBMD between 1849 and 1852 in Mildenhall district.
              Robert

Comment

why would someone say he was born in Beckrow and then in Middlesex? Oh well a brick wall he'll remain for right now. Thanks for looking.

Comment

There were a number of Webb families in the 1851 census for Beck Row but no George. Quite possibly he was born after the census and the family then left the village.
                  Robert

Comment

Found what could be the marriage, its:

George Webb
                    and
                    Sarah Brown

Risbridge, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Suffolk

Jul/Aug/Sept 1872

Volume 4a

Are you positive that you have the right surname for Sarah

Comment

I was pretty sure, but now I don't know. It's funny though that I haven't been able to find him until the 1881 census. Where could he have been for 30 years?

Comment

is this 1881

Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 83; Folio: 65; Page: 43; Line: ; GSU roll: 1341019.

George Webb 34
                        Sarah Webb 24
                        George Webb 2
                        Alice Webb
                        Jane Penny 13
                        Jess

Comment

It does appear that his wife was Sarah WILSON. The results are fairly consistent if you put in Sarah 1857 +/- 2 Thorpe Suffolk.

I think you need to buy a child's birth cert. especially as there is no obvious marriage. Perhaps Sarah was married briefly already & never married George or did so much later when her name would not have been WILSON. A birth cert. should show this.

Do you want me to look up her baptism or are you only interested in George? Suffolk RO Lookup.
                          Glen

Comment

That would be very nice of you Glen, thanks.

Comment

Hi there,

It may help to contact the Mildenhall Group of the Suffolk family history society I understand that they have a full set of parish records.

Historically Beck Row was included in the Mildenhall parish as it was only a hamlet (now somewhat larger!)

The Mildenhall parish also included the hamlets of West Row, Hollywell Row and Kenny Hill.

The church at Beck Row is St. Johns a brief history can be found at Beckrow

I hope this can in some way help you with your brick wall.
                              Life's a journey not a destination.

Currently researching: Makey (Kent), Heath & Neil (London & Devon), Pegg (Norfolk & Suffolk), Gulliford (Cornwall).... Still busy busy!

Comment

Working...
                              X