1871 census help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1871 census help please

Hi, I am trying to find Thomas Wilcox b. 1847 Hornton, Oxfordshire and his wife Eliza Wilcox b.1851 Hornton, Oxfordshire on the 1871 census.
    In 1881 they are mistranscribed Wilson?. They have always used the right spelling on earlier and later census' apart from maybe Thomas (their son on the 1911 who I can't find at the moment). I have tried allsorts of combinations but just can't seem to find them! They may have a daughter Caroline with them but she may not have been born before the census.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tessie

where are they in 1881?
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

They are in Potter's Farm, Farnborough, Oxfordshire in 1871:

Thos Wilcox, Head, M, 24, Farm Labourer
      Eliza Wilcox, Wife, 20
      Caroline Wilcox, Daughter, 6 months
      Mary Ann Treadwell, Sister-in-Law, 13, Scholar

All born Hornto except Caroline who was born in Warwickshire (not sure of the place)

RG10 piece 1463 folio 68 page 18

scuda
      Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

thank you lots and lots!!!!
        Tessie

Comment

Glad I could help. I found them easily on fmp, but I can't find them on Ancestry. According to fmp they are in Cropredy enumeration district 8, but I can only see district 7 on Ancestry.

scuda
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

just tried looking at original image and it says no match!? Also tried using the info. you have posted and again nothing shows!? Is something going on with ancestry?
            Tessie

Comment

oops posted after you without refreshing! So they are missing from ancestry! hhhmmmmmm, will have to go with what you have, blast ancestry! lol

Comment

I don't think there's anything wrong with Ancestry, except perhaps it doesn't have that enumeration district (is that possible??). If you'd like the image I have pm me with your email address.

scuda

Comment

thanks Scuda, thats ok! Just makes me wonder about others on OH's side that I could never find last year! Think I will open up my file and see who it was and try FMP!
                  Tessie

Comment

Working...
                  X