Search by address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search by address

Which is the best site or sites in which to search occuppants of a known address down the years.?

Example on a wedding cert. you will have the bride and grooms present addresses. now logically one may be living where thier parents live and could be a family home for generations .

Does Ancestry have this search capacity.?

My main interest would be 128 Wordsworth Street, Shoreham by the Sea, Sussex for instance.

Peter

HI Peter

what years are you talking abt in particular for the family address?
    WendyP

Comment

This perticular example is in 1909 .
      so 1900 to 1911

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter

The nearest I can find to that address is 128 Wordsworth Street, Hove, Sussex and the was on the 1911 census.

Would that be the same area?
        WendyP

Comment

Hi Peter

Would it be information regarding the parentage of Walter James Sharman+variations that you need an address search for those surrounding years of his marriage to Blanche?

If so I got him, his mum and siblings throughout the census from 1871 to 1891but his mum was a shown as being married but no hubby in sight but she was shown as bieng a Mariners Wife.
          WendyP

Comment

Originally posted by WendyP View Post
            Hi Peter

Would it be information regarding the parentage of Walter James Sharman+variations that you need an address search for those surrounding years of his marriage to Blanche?

If so I got him, his mum and siblings throughout the census from 1871 to 1891but his mum was a shown as being married but no hubby in sight but she was shown as bieng a Mariners Wife.

Yes i am looking to try and find his parents , i know from the marriage cert, his father was listed as a sailor which fits in with Mariner. Fathers name is Henry Sharman dec'd at the time of the wedding 3rd November 1909 in the Parish of Aldrington ?

Walter James was also a Sailor , family story goes with the Shoreham Life boat crew.

Peter

Comment

HI Peter

do you have access to the census?
              WendyP

Comment

I have access to Ancestry but not the 1911 census.
                My attempts to find Walter James have been fruitless so far but i have to admit trying only the local area to Shoreham by Sea or New Shoreham as it was also known.

Peter

Comment

Hello Peter, there are some helpful people and many photos of Shoreham by Sea here, they helped me identify an old church for our Places Of Worship project

Shoreham-by-Sea Community Forums

Comment

hi peter, you can buy credits for the 1911 census. and if you dont use them all on the census, you can use the remainder's on findmypast. as you will have to register for the 1911census site, the same login details can be used for findmypast.

Welcome to the official 1911 Census website

Family Tree, Family History, Find Your Past, UK | Findmypast.com

Comment

Hi Peter

Walter J Sharman bn circa 1884 Brightlingsea Essex Occ Maltsters Labourer
                      Blanche Sharman bn circa 1886 Lancing Sussex

Address

15 Church Road
                      Portslade by the Sea
                      Steyning (being the District)
                      Shoreham (being the sub district)
                      Hove (being the Parish)
                      Sussex ( beign the County)

As you may have see Walter is shown as a Mariner on the 1901 census of Essex and has the word seas wrote very faintly at the top right hand corner which I think might stand for Seasonal Work - but I could be wrong.

In the 1891 census the family are living in Brightlingsea Essex. They have been mistranscribed as COPPIN to match the famly above them here are the REF's that you need to find them easily

RG12 1405 folio 11 Pg 16

Armed with the additional names from the 1891 you should be able to find them as I did in the earlier census.

Each census that Louisa appears in she is noted as being Married and a Mariners wife her age alters slightly throughout as does everyones.
                      WendyP

Comment

I think findmypast census can be searched by address but not ancestry, if that helps.
                        Kit

Comment

Thank you Wendy that helps a lot , Mum has confirmed that Walter was what i believe is a partime Lifeboatman ie he was not a permanent crew member but one who is called for work by the signal etc .

However she does not know anything about his father other than he was a sailor .

Thank you all for your post i shall be going through them .

Pete

Comment

Working...
                          X