No announcement yet.

Family Historian V4: Upgrade Offers ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Historian V4: Upgrade Offers ???

Does anyone know of any upgrade, from FH-V3 to FH-V4, offers at the moment. It appears to be £17.39 through the normal route. I just wondered if there are any promotion codes floating around?

I haven't taken the plunge for V4 yet. I'm sure I will - have been watching the demos on FHUG. I'm always a bit scared of the learning curve needed when you decide to upgrade.

I would love to hear anyone's opinion of V4 and how they found it.

Anne

Comment

I haven't updated yet, mainly because of the cost, but also that I'm happy with the version I've got. I'm not a particularly technical person and only use the basics anyway.

Comment

I really like V4, the focus window is very nice, and there are some nice extras for power users like myself.

The only really different feature is the use of Projects to pull all your media into one place, but they are optional.
        Jane
        Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
        "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

I bought V.3 think it was back in February and it came with the free upgrade to V.4

After using FTM2005 for years I found FH V3 quite heavy going. When I upgraded to V.4 I found it much more user friendly. I am the first to admit I have probably only got used to about 10% of the program but it is excellent.

I would firmly say - go for it - get V.4 you will not regret it.

Linda
          Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

thanks Linda--feeling a bit scared about V4 ,but will do it soon x

Comment

Working...
            X